Study proves 95% of people really are sheeple

by sizemik 23 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

As someone who once wore the uniform of a correctional officer i agree whle heartedly.

Confronting the negative opinion about my profession yet again i said to this air headed 'Ms'.(a reporter..!)

'Consider all the 'Police' tv shows movies you have ever seen.In them the cops with all their faults laid bare were the good guys.' She agreed.

Once the drama is about prisons though all the guards, warders, white mongel screw dogs, (whatever) are low life apes whose knuckles drag on the ground and all the inmates are hard done by innocents who have had a hard time.Been deprived etc etc and indeed inmany cases this is true but.. (The same programs as with 'Prison' documentaries) never mention the inmates victims.

In other words my dear I said"You need to consider that Hollywood has a lot to answer for." She also agreed but quickly said ..'yeah but.." i walked away.

It was Hitlers propaganda chief Goebels who said people would sooner believe a lie knowing its a lie than the truth knowing its the truth for hearing it once.

Please all of you get hold of and read the excellent work allied to this very subject. "Deadly Force encounters" x Dr. Alexis Artwohl & Loren W. Christensen,

ISBN 13: 978-0-87364-935-3.

Yes there are three kinds of people in the world. The sheep, the wolves and the sheep dogs. As a 'screw' I was a sheepdog protecting the sheep and in all my years I never saw a positive word about the profession in print or on TV news.

The quaint American expression, "Sheeple" could not be more correct. Hear the convo at a KH and its vacuous. If anyone just speaks of some issue at large they will get the standard 'kingdom' answer no acknowledgment of their personal concern or perception.

Checkout the book and apart from anything else you will have a fasr greater appreciation for what the uniformed'sheep-dogs' go through so you can sleep at night.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Thanks for some very good posts . . .

@garyneal . . . thanks for the video and references . . . also zeb.

we do not teach critical thinking skills in the education system as well. . . . garyneal

Critical thinking is often the enemy of conformity . . . it can recognise logical flaws and reject them. The upside is that new and better ways of viewing and doing things can also emerge. I wonder if society balks at doing this because of the fear of non-conformity. Those in power do not want critical thinkers . . . they prefer conformity. I also wonder if the "dumbing down" of the sheep we recognise so readily in WT world, isn't in fact a more general problem . . . because it's preferable for those who desire to control. Most education systems simply prepare young people to maintain the status quo . . . and to adopt the same faulty thinking of the past. It's one of the greatest disservices we can do to emerging generations I believe.

• unshackled
    unshackled

I don't have an opinion on this…so I'll just go with what everybody else has said.

• zagor
    zagor

That is probably true. Last few days I've been following the whole "UFO phenomenon" on youtube not because of green aliens but to study people's reactions. Funny thing is most of "believers" never saw anything themselves that can be construed as "out of this world", they all fall for a video with pretty lights in the sky. Its like a mass hypnosis of sorts. In fact, even when you present clear evidence against they will find a way around it just so that they can keep on living in their little imagined universe. Is it any wonder that so many endure years of hardship in abusive religions etc, just for a faint hope that one day it will all come alright. Go figure.

Thanks for the post, very good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit