Study proves 95% of people really are sheeple

by sizemik 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Sulla
    Sulla

Must be an optimal response, then. And, Just Ron: extraordinary! Genius!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

bookmarking

• sizemik
    sizemik

just Ron . . . is that your left or mine? I mean, I don't want to get lost.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Sizemik, thanks for sharing. It's always informative to read something that prompts us to examine our life.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates

• 00DAD
    00DAD

As a side point, one thing that I always wondered about when I was a JW was this: We ALWAYS took pride in being "sheep" but we NEVER discussed that fact that shepherds eat their sheep!

Sheep Stew

SHEEP STEW

Psalm 23

1. The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
    2. He makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside still waters;
    3. He restores my soul. He leads me in right paths for his name's sake.
    4. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no evil; for you are with me; your rod and your staff— they comfort me.
    5. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
    6. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord my whole life long.

That table is where the sheep will be served ... as DINNER!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode, "To Serve Man" ...

To Serve Man

"Mr. Chambers," Patty cries, "don't get on that ship! The rest of the book To Serve Man, it's... it's a cookbook!" - 2:58 in the above video

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

They should change the floor color in all the halls and WTBT$ owned buildings to green; at least that way we'd all feel more at home and relaxed while grazing on our spiritual food.

• garyneal
    garyneal

This study is indeed interesting but the conclusions are not new at all. Even the ratio of 95 to 5 is not new as this has been discovered and reported by others in times past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgUc7eLXs0s

Earl Nightingale's Strangest Secret in the World is indeed thought provoking and draws the same conclusions. Earl Nightingale also has an audio series called Lead The Field. In the 1980's, Tony Robbins made a self help series called Personal Power that heavily utilized neurolinguistic programming.

In regards to people thinking that they are in the "top 5%," that's common too. But the reality is is that most people just simply conform to the environment that surrounds them. The average person meets average requirements and seldom thinks outside their average circle of thought. They conform, often without even knowing it, to their surroundings. We all do this, well 95% of us do, only 5% really make their own lives in the form of their own thinking.

As for me, I know these secrets and yet seldom utilize this knowledge. Admittedly, I am just lazy and only when an unusual bit of motivation comes along do I get out of low gear. That's 95% of us my friend whether it is out of laziness or ignorance.

I highly recommend anyone here to listen to the Lead The Field audio program by Earl Nightingale. He presents timeless wisdom in that program that I believe is the only real truth that exists in our world. Just like in his Strangest Secret in the World piece, the simple truth is "We become what we think about."

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Also, we do teach goal setting and decision making skills in the education system.

Sadly no, just as we do not teach critical thinking skills in the education system as well. This is especially true in the US these days with the whole No Child Left Behind program as many educators are often forced to 'teach to the test' and not allow time for exploration of why things are the way they are. Young children often ask, "Why? Why? Why?" a lot for just about anything that you say to them. Unfortunately, people are trained to stop asking why and to just accept things that are merely told to them. Maybe not intentionally but it happens never-the-less. The critical thinkers continue to ask why and don't just simply accept everything at face value without confirming this for himself or herself.

The goal setting and thinking about your future is always a good thing though. Helps keep you from falling asleep and just going through the motions.

Not only that but it gives you a sense of purpose in life, a goal, something to think about, and something to become. The best thing about goal setting is not simply in the attainment of the goal but more in the journey. As you go along pursuing your goal, you become a better, more enlightened person.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    "The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates

Excellent quote. It brings to mind the difference between living in bliss going along with the crowd accepting canned answers to life's tough questions or asking yourself those tough questions and facing the fact that there is simply no real answer to those questions in life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit