Where did this "God lives in the Pleiades" notion come from?

by james_woods 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

When I was preschool age and dragged to meetings and assemlies, I was impressed with the larger meetings. Since there was no age appropriate place for me, I half listned in extreme boredom. Perhaps when I was three, I heard the words "Jehovah is here." Here, Present in the assembly. I became so alert. My young eyes roved around the room. Ceiling vents and behind door hinges seemed likely spots. In the back of my mind, I recalled something about Moses and not seeing the face of God. My desire to see God was so great that I searched the venue anyway. Oh, the excitement, Jehovah is here in the door hinges, pipes, or vents. Strange, because despite His announced presence and the combination of awe.desire to see Him, I could not locate Him. I think i asked my mother where he was hiding.

Not crazy for a small child but a grown man. Russell was educated, too.

When the writing dept or GB reads these old accounts, one would think that they would be sobered concerning making absolute statements. No chance.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Maybe they were trying to compete with the Mormons???

• perfect1
    perfect1

Excuse me, you blaspheming athiests. God does live in the Pleiades. I find this thread to be full of disrepsect towards Interstellartheists such as myself. This board is full of hate and intolerance! I am telling a moderator. This is what I believe and know in my heart! I have done research, in the Bible! Prove me wrong! Prove to me He does not dwell there! If only you knew his love as I do. Obviously he has forsaken you, and not me, since I know the truth about where he is and you all consider what is truth to be a lie. Satan is the father of the lie, and since you believe in lies you are Satanists.

I will pray for you all now.

• Londo111
    Londo111

You’ve convinced me the error of my ways!

But if God lives on Alcyone, who lives on Kolob?

• perfect1
    perfect1

Londo, I am glad you are repentant, but God does not like it when you think independently and ask questions. Asking questions means you have too much pride and like a camel will not get through the needle. In fact, he will not be your friend and will be sad.

Luckily though, he has other friends, or slaves rather, here on earth who will reveal more at the proper time. The clues to who lives on Kolob are in fact encoded into Masonic symbology, and as you probably know, they are very secretive. However, celebrites often drop little clues as to the meaning of the Great Pyramid as a codex for the Kolob prophecy.

Short answer: Just wait in Missouri, as mentioned in the Book of Revelation. Youll see.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yeah, Londo111

God is watching you...

• mP
    mP

The problem is we in our modern world dont understand the skies the same way as the ancients. The Pleaides are a very important star system in many many cultures. A quick read of wiki gives an overview...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleiades

Because of its beauty and brightness it was allocated an important overview in how they thought the world was created. Big bright lights like Sirius, etc are all thought of as Gods with lesser lights given weaker roles. The stars were important because they helped tell the time and served as a calendar. The story of the 3 magi in Matthew is simply a retelling of another saviour Orion and Sirius. Sirius the star announced the coming of the flood in ancient Egypt. When you get no rain and the flood gives water to your crops which you need to survive and eat then he or the god behind the star becomes a saviour of your land. Other important aspects of the mt story are found in this if you want to research and see for yourself.

btw: I believe ive read somewhere that Jethro(Moses father in law) and his 7 daughters is a reference to Pleiades worship. The P are often called the 7 sisters. Interstingly Subaru the car maker means P in Japanese.

Russel was not inventing anything, astrology has been a part of xianity and judaism since the beginning. Sure its nonsense, but then again theres a lot of other nonsense in the Bible and if you try and do some research you will find more.

• mP
  • ziddina
    ziddina

Thanks for those links, mP...!

• sizemik
    sizemik

Pleiades is very significant in our local Maori culture and is known as "Matariki" . . . or "tiny eyes"

It appears in the north close to the horizon for only a short period, over the winter solstice. It actually marks the traditional Maori "new year" which begins the day after the rising. I think I've got that right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit