Your recommendation for an economical, wireless home printer?

by juni 24 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

It would be used primarily for text printing at home. Also, what are your thoughts on the advantages of laser vs. inkjet?

Thank you for your help.

Juni

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

HP makes great all-in-one colour inkjet (photocopier, scanner, printer). I've had one for years. Just bought another, a wireless HP printer for my son at Future Shop for 50 bucks. But not-to-worry, they get you on the cartridges.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Personally I prefer brother products. I've used them over the years even in high volume situations. My company was involved at one point with their engineering dept and I saw how they really tried to make the best product possible, at a great price. I haven't used inkjets in years. strictly laser

• Stealth
    Stealth

Have had several all in one HP printers in the past, both broke after about 1 year with very little usage on them. They also seemed to go through ink very fast. Switched to Epson brand and have had good sucess with them after using for 2 years, both printers still work good and produce good quality output

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I'm a fan of Brother, as well.

• LV101
    LV101

Ditto Vanderhoven's reply. They do eat ink but probably normal. The most basic, inexpensive, wireless is great --- better than the older, more expensive, HPs, in my opinon.

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

Don't know about wireless but I definitely recommend laser because it is very much cheaper to run than inkjet. If it's only mono that you need, a laser printer is not at all expensive to buy. And the colour printers are now fairly inexpensive. Colour inkjet just eats up cash.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828113545

I agree, brother is the way to go for low end laser. Low cost of supplies, very reliable.

• StopTheTears
    StopTheTears

I'd be wary of wireless things. When the man came to install my internet, he tried to set me up with a wireless telling me I could move my computer anywhere. But I had seen an investigation on TV that others can hack it and use your internet. I insisted on a wire connection. It might be inconvenient to have a wire printer but do you want your neighbors using your printer too?

• shamus100
    shamus100

I have had no issues with people stealing my internet, etc. Permissions must be asked before anything gets paired up.

Go for the most inexpesive thing out there - printers are disposable these days. If you do a lot the toner cartridge replacements are very important to consider - some of them are very expensive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit