If THIS MAN were a Jehovah's Witness 2 million babies would be dead

by Terry 126 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

I'm bumping this thread mainly because I think the example is the most vivid reason why JW blood policy is sadistic and misanthropic.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Thank you for doing so Terry. I never have read this before, I will be shring it with many others I can assure you.

P.S. - I am sure this enzyme is a "fraction" and therefore allowed yes? I wonder if theoretically, this man donating his blood because of this specific enzyme would be allowed by the branch? What do you think?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Oh, yeah, this guy...

Got a big, ol', fat lump in my throat when I'd first read his story (it wasn't long after I tossed my "Medical Directive" card, incidentally).

I think the old WT guys responsible for the transfusion ban (Franz and Smalley, etc.)would never in a million years have thought that history would prove the policy so fundamentally wrong...

...and I think that the more recent guys who've upheld the policy must be missing the wiring that would enable them to relate to any parent who's ever faced the prospect of their kid actually dying.

I can't speak for all parents, but I realized very early on that if one of my kids died because of a misguided medical decision I made (or more accurately, the WTS required me to make), I would - beyond a shadow of a doubt - end up gibbering incoherently in a padded room wearing a f**king straightjacket.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    This thread is an oldie but a goodie.
  • Terry
    Terry

I like to keep a copy of the newspaper article handy because of what it represents: one small intervention is a ripple effect on a vast life and death scale.

It's good to view the Society's blood policy in terms of CONSEQUENCES rather than martyr-hero dialogue.

Stop and think about it, a parent only risks their own judgement by Jehovah if they permit a child to receive blood. An innocent child would not be old enough to make a life and death moral choice. Consequently, what can we say about a parent unwilling to lay down their OWN life (open themselves to Jah's retribution) on behalf of their beloved child?

• Heaven
    Heaven

I posted an article about James to my Facebook page a little while ago. He's an amazing man. I believe he is too old now to donate any longer. It is on my to-do list to check into donating blood.

I was a teenage girl back in the '70s and '80s and my parents informed me that having a blood transfusion was forbidden. I was very afraid if I needed a blood transfusion that my parents would deny it. What a thing for a child to be afraid of.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Terry - "It's good to view the Society's blood policy in terms of CONSEQUENCES rather than martyr-hero dialogue."

I like that; well said.

x

If Heaven is real, there's a first-class room with a spectacular view ready and waiting for this guy.

'Cause he's earned it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit