Elder's wives

by Zordino 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Zordino
    Zordino

I still go to meetings (sometimes) mostly to acompany my wife and kids. I have known of JW friends of mine that have gone to Elder's for family problems, dispute's with other cult member's or those hemroid's that just won't clear up. Whatever.... I personally never ever told an Elder or Elder's a stitch of info about my personal life or trouble's etc. Is it just me or did you ever get the suspision that anything that was told to the Elder's in Confidence was eventualy spilled to their wives and eventually the entire eastern seaboard? Not trying to sound sexist. the Elder's themselves have just as big a mouth as their wives.

Any "Experiences?"

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

I think it's an exaggeration - imo elders like to keep things to themselves and do so very successfully. Even when fading elders and x-elders come on here they don't really share private info about members of the flock. this is my impression anyway and I think it probably will be challenged quite a bit.

• yknot
    yknot

Depends on the congregation/elder.

I have known of both.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

soft+gentle,

I tend to agree. The only problem I ever experienced like this concerned two ministerial servants, who seemed to have a mechanical interlock between their ears and their mouths - completely bypassing the brain!

Needless to say, their wives also suffered from a similar difficulty.

However, I can honestly say that I never encountered any such problems orginating from elder's wives.

Bill.

• tornapart
    tornapart

I'm an elder's wife.. he never, ever tells me anything. I'm glad because I wouldn't want that burden. I don't want to know. If anyone ever tells me something in confidence it stays with me. I've never heard other elder's wives saying anything they shouldn't or gossiping in our congregation. I know of one elder that lets things slip sometimes but I've never heard his wife say anything. I think you get to know who you can trust and who you can't.

• Alfred
    Alfred

I have been in three congos in two different countries and my personal experience is that anything told to elders in confidence is known by the entire congo within a few days (via elders' wives talking to their "close personal firends")... but that's just my personal experience... I'm not saying or implying that this is necessarily a widespread problem...

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I think they share alot with their house to house partners............. male or female.

I would never tell them anything.

There was so much dirt floating around about other people, who else would be leaking this stuff?

• Scully
    Scully

I wonder if the breaches of confidentiality occur with enough frequency to make other JWs leary of confiding in a Brother™ who happens to be an Elder™ or a Sister™ who happens to be the wife of an Elder™.

The Organizational™ culture of exposing wrongdoing clearly trumps any value they place on confidentiality, unless, of course, we are referring to JWs who are known to be child molesters.

• finally awake
    finally awake

There was plenty of gossip in my former hall - but never the really good stuff that I wanted details on. Most of the talk was really pretty benign, unless one of the people directly involved decided to spill their guts to me. There was one brother that got DFd while I was attending, and I am still curious as to why. We were pretty friendly with him and his wife, and we never saw anything in his behavior that was inappropriate. All the other cases of people getting reproved or removed from privileges were pretty obvious - the MS whose teenage son got arrested for robbing a liquor store, the MS who got removed for telling people about playing the penny slots in Vegas.

• Zordino
    Zordino

Tornapart,

I agree. Not all Elder's or their wives spill the Beans and have some dignity. There are a good amount that take their responsibility very seriously. I think the wives can keep secrets better than them! I should have named this thread, "Some Elders have a big mouth" instead LoL.

But Still, I would never take that chance and tell anyone my private stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit