Disassociated in 2006, from Malaysia...

by FlierMate 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Listener
    Listener

Hi Fliermate, your english is good and it is easy to understand what you are saying.

I am from Australia and have been travelling to the Asian countries several times a year for the past few years. I will soon be going to Singapore for a week.

I've been to Malaysia a few times, this includes Kuala Lumpur, Malacca and Penang. It is a beautiful country and the people are really lovely. It would be nice to have a longer trip and travel all around, but that will hopefully be for the future. A couple of years ago I saw an elderly gentleman offering Watchtower magazines to passerbyes.

I have been to Bali and do not want to visit there again. I watched a cultural song and dance and became very sad during it, I wanted to get out of there and couldn't stop crying during the ceremony, I felt the evil spirits there. I was with my family and none of them felt the same. I thought I was just being freekish and I was speaking to my brother-in-law who had seen the same 'show'. He said he knew exactly how I felt because he thought the same thing.

My brother has married a lady from the Phillipines and the stories she has to say about the evil spirits that are there is horrible. She says the problem is getting worse, although she hadn't experienced anything herself she has heard many stories firsthand. It is no surprise really because there are religions that are very spiritual and it is not God whom they worship and there are many religious activities that take place, which I personally believe has the result of inviting Satan or his devils into their space. Please be careful here. I don't know that an elder from another country would really understand but if you do run into a problem you can rest assured that by praying to God about this and asking for his help he will do so, you don't need someone to do it for you. Your trust and reliance in God is what you need.

I very much agree with you about their interpretation of Revelation and in some places it is just ridiculous. They are always 'refining' their understanding of it but they have a long way to go. I think their main problem is that they consider much of Revelations prophecies to already having been fulfilled since 1914 and this blinds them to even consider that they are still to be fulfilled in the future.

Nice to have you on this forum.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Hey Fliermate,

You said JW's are not to approach Islamic people. Now I have been in several continents and have seen several "local" rules which the branch recommended (such as participating in certain Islamic rituals and superstitions is ok because they won't listen to you if you don't do those) but I would like to know where that specific rule comes from.

Is that something that is forbidden by law and the JW's don't do it (which would be against their own rule of "obey God rather than men"), or the JW's don't do it because of their safety (which would be against their own rule of "fear of men") or the branch recommends it in order to follow certain local rituals/superstitions regarding religious speech (which would go against their own rule of "do not bow before other God's").

• sizemik
    sizemik

FlierMate . . . a warm welcome to you.

I am from New Zealand. I tutored quite a number of Malaysian students here in my Uni days . . . a very pleasant experience that I got paid for. My life-long friend and "best man" married a Malaysian girl and now lives in your country. Nice to have you here.

• umadevi
  • umadevi
  • umadevi
    umadevi

Hello Filermate Welcome to JWN! I'm glad you found this site. I'm from Malaysia too (Johor). I Disassociated last year. Were you the only JW in your family? Keep posting ...

• mind blown
    mind blown

Hello Filermate, glad you're here and welcome...

You're health is very important, so it's good news you are taking your meds and away from the WTS. They give mixed information and signals that can make a person full of mixed emotions, guilt, isolation, arrogance, depression, etc. Your illness is very common here in the US. In the past few years I have already met 4 people who have this, again, keep taking you're meds If you need to vent or talk about anything, feel free, we all have various stories and have also been very confused and dissapointed by the BG.

I still fully believe in God and the power of prayer and not sure about much else.......lol

• FlierMate
    FlierMate

Thanks to everyone again, and your compliments about my English. Since there are many translations work done by Watchtower, I have benefited from this by studying the articles first in my mother tounge, then compared it with the English version. In that way, my English improved a lot.

To Listener: Yes, indeed. I agree that not every spiritual pathway leads to God. It is too common from people from rich countries to travel around the world, but for person like me, could not afford for a long trip, it only happened for business trip and all expenses were covered by my bosses. Thank you that you do like Malaysia.

To Anony Mous: When I quitted in 2006, they are still being forbidden by law. Once in a while, believers from other churches invite the Malays (born Islam) to their gathering... The next day it will become the headlines of newspapers, the persons in charge will also be questioned by the police, and I would better shut up now. Islam is mandatory for Malays. Other ethnics are free to have their own beliefs and religions.

To sizemik: I heard that New Zealand is the wonderful country to live in. I grew up by drinking milk produced from New Zealand. (I am not sure if "Fernleaf" is a NZ's brand.)

To umadevi: Surprised! For what reasons you disassociated? Yes, I am the only Christian in the family.

To mind blown: Thank you very much for your concern. Mental health is important, I will remember that, and be medication compliance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit