Disassociated in 2006, from Malaysia...

by FlierMate 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• FlierMate
    FlierMate

I don't know where to start. Hoping to find a place to ventilate my feelings of long period... Language is a barrier as English is not my primary language, I will still give it a try.

Baptized in 2000, the message they brought to me was the end of world that everyone were talking to at that eve of millennium... I believed and started reading my first book, My Bible Story, for consecutive 10 hours. During the Bible study, the Bible instructor told me he suspected I had some form of mental disorder, and later was diagnosed as schizophrenia. So, I am still on meds until today for schizophrenia, and carry a burden for betrayal to Jehovah and the whole brotherhood.

While I believe the Bible itself, I have some doubts that the Governing Body is heavily relates the prophecies in Revelations books to theirs in the modern days.

I could not trust Christianity as a whole, though. A anointed pastor from US came to Malaysia and was asked to cast out demons inside my body because they believed my mental disorder was caused by those wicked spirit... The ailment itself is simply natural because of inherited sin and not a supernatural ones. I did followed my pursuit on Buddhism, an Eastern religion but I was and am not a Buddha yet! (according to Buddhism, everyone has the chance to become a Buddha, in an awakening state)

I guess I would study Confucius and those ancient books from old China. While I believe the Bible itself, I just think like some of you have said, J.W. is just another _____(I forgot the exact word) of the end times...

• misguided
    misguided

Welcome.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Hello and welcome. I am from that large continent to the south of Asia, Australia.

Your English is very good.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Hello and welcome. I am from that large continent to the south of Asia, Australia.

Your English is very good.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am so glad you came on site here. Glad you are taking meds for help you. The Watchtower organization is so destructive in truly helping people and only burdens them. Good that you have disassociated from a religion that only places their man-made "guilt" manipulations on their people.

I hope you continue to read as much as possible about the exposure of the real facts about the Jehovah's Witnesses true history and flip-flopped doctrines. I don't know what is available in your language. Is it possible for you to read "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz?

I see, Malaysia has a very low rate of JWs per population there, however, seems of be increasing too much. Certainly, the JW world has nothing to offer Malaysian people, nor any others.

• finally awake
    finally awake

welcome!

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    A anointed pastor from US came to Malaysia and was asked to cast out demons inside my body because they believed my mental disorder was caused by those wicked spirit... -FlierMate

I'm sorry they subjected you to this. This is silly religious superstition gone awry. What is the process, may I ask? Does he make a lot of prayers and call Jehovah a lot?

• FlierMate
    FlierMate

I am still learning how to use this model of message board. It seems that I cannot make any direct replies.

Thanks to everyone of you.

To Broken Promises: Yes, it is referred as Oceania, or Asia Pacific . I used to watch Australian TV programme when I was young. Remember the "Beyond 2000" in the 1990s?

To Gayle: I really felt that the Watchtower publications keep emphasizing on 4 major things, that spiritual routines. Malaysia has only about 3,000 members, because of the large populated Islamist, J.W. is not allowed to approach them.

To Knowsnothing: I am sorry to confuse you in the first place. She is not a J.W., they are Christian from other church, and has nothing to do with Watchtower. I happened to be there because of my boss persuaded me to go, and that time I was not a J.W. anymore.

• TOTH
    TOTH

Welcome!!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome (((((((FlierMate))))))) to JWN. Your English may not be perfect, but is very easy to understand. I hope that you continue to post about your spiritual journey. You may want to read Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control" and "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves), so that you do not get trapped in another dangerous cult like the WTBTS. Dangerous cults are non-denominational and can be Christian, Buddhist, or Confusists.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit