Net site for ex-jw dating, any out there?

by jam 28 Replies latest jw friends

• DT
    DT

I have several dating sites that use a white label platform. They are easy to start because they make use of a database of millions of members on a variety of sites.

These members often identify their religious preferences when filling out their profile, so if you want the site to be limited to a certain religion, you just have to limit the membership criteria to the portion of the database that identifies themselves with that religion. I know that there is at least one JW site that uses the same white label platform.

I have thought about setting up a JW or XJW site. An XJW dating site would be difficult because there is no selection criteria for former members of religions. A strictly JW site would also be problematic because there is no way to provide the security that devout JWs want in a dating site. I know there have been numerous complaints from JWs who are upset when they are contacted by people that they view as undesirable or not righteous enough. I wouldn't use that niche because complaints would be inevitable and I could lose my account and my other sites.

However, it wouldn't be too difficult for someone else to set up a site with the realization that they could eventually lose their account. It could be marketed towards JWs that are somewhat liberal or are fading or no longer believe. Of course many of the profiles would come from other sites where they have different expectations. It could be a lot of fun for someone who enjoys causing mischief or has a sincere interest in helping the portion of JWs who don't believe to find like minded individuals.

If anybody wants to try something like that, I would be pleased to provide some technical assistance. You wouldn't need hosting, but you would need a good domain name. I would also recommend privacy for the domain name to reduce possible harassment from devout JWs.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Were there some ex-jw who met, dated and got married from this very site? Biker chick & Onacruze ?

Any other hook ups here?

Did they last?

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

There are many that claim to be pioneers, ministerial servants, etc. on JWMatch.

I guess they are theocratic but not heeding the advice of the Governing Body TM enough! There's a really good article on this topic with some screengrabs too:

http://www.jwstruggle.com/2010/10/single-jws-looking-for-love-online/

• jam
    jam

Ray, WOW. Question , is the author A JW. If so it

shows things are not that great in JW world and if

you are single , well you can look forward to A lovliest

life if the WT have it,s way. The most depessing organization

ever.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@Jam - You asked if "the author" was a JW. The author of JWmatch.com? Or JWStruggle.com?

Either way, it shows me that rank and file Witnesses are doing what they think is best and not really following all the rules of the WTS...just like the Catholics do now when it comes to birth control and many other topics.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Not sure if this site is real/legit since the profiles I checked were all Catholic???

http://www.exjwsingles.com/index.php

• Dimetron
    Dimetron

So i bought exJWdating.com

I’m actually looking for ex-JW lady partner for myself.

I don’t know how to build websites (yet). I just know how to buy domain names. So, if anyone wants to do it , email me [email protected] (I don’t know when I’ll visit this site next time)

🤟

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

You joined the site, admitted that you may not be back much, bumped a 7 year old post, and made one post asking for someone to build you a website so that you can find an exjw lady. W-O-W.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

There actually is an exjw dating site

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit