I feel sad when someone relatively new on this board signs off because they have been offended by some posters comments

by smiddy 43 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

How much does she Charge,for you to come Visit?

LOL Outlaw. This was back before I recognized that I had a right to boundaries and had the right to say no simply for the sake of saying no. So I would try to come up with excuses. So I couldn't say, I don't want to come visit now, because you are draining the life out of me and I'm avoiding you. Instead I would say, I really can't afford the gas money.

Today I would just say no without any explanation. She worked in cycles. There were times when she was great to be around, and times she was suffocating. In the last 30 years, there have been time periods of years that we did not speak.

During those times I'd just think it was for the best. The problem is that we grew up together, and right or wrong, I feel a certain sisterly bond with her. So I haven't felt right just tossing the friendship for good. But it's not much an issue now that I have learned to just say no. :)

However, as an adult, I wouldn't enter into such a friendship. I didn't have the same judgement as a kid.

• Razziel
    Razziel

Wow Violia, that brings back memories. I recall seeing it in a different form, but I'm pretty sure I lurked on a couple of the MMORPG forums that spawned that site. There were some epic flame wars in the late 90's. People were brought together around common interests online that wouldn't have ever associated in real life because of age/culture/philosophy differences. On top of that, people were exercising the newfound freedom to say and write what they truly felt in an anonymous environment without immediate social repurcussions beyond creating a new username.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond to this thread. Azazel asked the question,and a lot of posters guessed correctly that my post was started initially ,but not only , because of chemical emotions thread .And seeing both threads have expanded somewhat by now,I think the issue has become a little bit clearer.In ce`s case in particular I think she has received some excellent advise to follow and in general a balanced veiw is adopted by all posters to newbies.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit