I can't believe it, but a kid got marked for having worldy friends.

by Knowsnothing 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• therevealer
    therevealer

Remember back in the day when it would sometimes be acknowledged that "some" worldly kids might be "just as good or better kids than some dubs" BUT still they did not know Jehovah.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

KNOWSNOTHING: This doesn't surprise me because I was criticized for having so-called worldly associates back in the day. I wasn't a kid though but was in my later 20s. I now know it is all about CONTROL and how the religion feels it doesn't fully "own" you until you divest yourself of these "worldly" associates who will always talk to you no matter what you believe in and who generally don't expect you to jump through hoops to prove "loyalty" or "dedication" et cetera.

• Wishididntknow
    Wishididntknow

when I was in my early 20's I was marked for the same thing. Except I wasnt there for the talk. I didnt even know I was marked until a gathering and brothers from the elder body and MS started to leave. I found out from the host that they said they left since I was marked.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Most of these "making friends with the world" cases are because rank and filers are socially turned away in the congregation and at the same time told don't look elsewhere for companionship; in other words you're dammed if you do and you're damned if you don't. So what are people suppose to do, have no friends? According to the society the answer is yes; control is much easier when someone is isolated.

Most JWs are horribly two-faced, especially elders and their families; I wonder how many of them hide the fact that they associate outside the perimeters of watchtowers flock. Most of the elites use the point a finger and shout "look over there" routine to get the focus and attention elsewhere. These double standards that permeate the organization are appalling but completely commonplace. It's shameful what has happened to this young one, but hopefully it will work to his/her advantage awakening her/him to the reality of JWs, albeit in a rather sick and twisted way.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

What is a, let's say 12 year old child supposed to do for friends if there is no one their age in their congregation or anywhere near? We live in a rural area and that was true for my children. They really need those intense peer friendships to develop normally. This was a huge factor in my husband and I leaving, our poor kids had no friends. Those rigid parents with their kids dressed in stiff suits, hair combed perfectly walking around with their bookbags were rotten to the core and I didn't want my kids around them. My heart goes out to this child, he isn't supposed to have friends at school and the kids at KH won't hang with him either, shame on his parents for subjecting him to this! NMKA

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

It's very important for them to force you only to associate with other JW's. Because if they decide to shun you, they need your world to be completely devastated and alone. They need you to teeter on the brink of depression, maybe even suicide, when you find yourself absolutely abandoned with nobody to turn to. It wouldn't really be effective if you simply picked up with 'worldly' friends and had support and love after they withdraw theirs. Yes, developing a support system is worthy of marking. It takes away their power and control, and they can't have that.

NC

• Violia
    Violia

"Most of these "making friends with the world" cases are because rank and filers are socially turned away in the congregation and at the same time told don't look elsewhere for companionship; in other words you're dammed if you do and you're damned if you don't. So what are people suppose to do, have no friends? According to the society the answer is yes; control is much easier when someone is isolated.

Most JWs are horribly two-faced, especially elders and their families; I wonder how many of them hide the fact that they associate outside the perimeters of watchtowers flock. Most of the elites use the point a finger and shout "look over there" routine to get the focus and attention elsewhere. These double standards that permeate the organization are appalling but completely commonplace. It's shameful what has happened to this young one, but hopefully it will work to his/her advantage awakening her/him to the reality of JWs, albeit in a rather sick and twisted way."

Excellent post , it sums it up very well. This works on adults as well as kids.

• shamus100
    shamus100

The original post was incorrect: JW's are not a religion. They are a high control group.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit