Ellen DeGeneres Addresses Her JCPenney Critics

by whereami 18 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Go Ellen! I don't watch her show (not a big talk show fan), but have always loved her comedy, and she is hella generous and kind to folks.

tal

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Just hypocrites. I wish I could find a list of past JC Penny spokespeople and look into their private life. I'm pretty sure we'll find plenty of 'fornicators', drug users, adulterers, liars, --- you know, a nice cross section of 'sinners'.

But the mommies stayed pretty silent for all of them! They never worried that a woman having premarital sex would corrupt their perfect little children. This has nothing to do with christian values. It's all about the hate---cloaked in the face of Jesus. Well there is a long history of this, and they fool no one.

NC

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I have to agree with you NewChapter on the sales at JC Penny. I NEVER pay full retail there but they almost always have some kind of sale going on, especially during certain times of the year and you can really make out like a bandit at the right time. I like Pennys, however I have noticed that Kohls has given them a run for their money!!

LRG

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LRG! Kohls is my absolute favorite place to check for sales first. They are outrageous. Penny's comes in second or third, but kohls is the best. I just bought a nice bunch of clothes from them 2 weeks ago. LOL

NC

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I loved Howard Stern's commentary on the subject

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3qMsxXgiAA

LRG

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

ogod. I just checked out one million moms on facebook and saw that it had one friend activity. I clicked on it, and found it was my old neighbor from when we were in kids liking one of their pics. Interesting part---while he ran to the right---his brother formed a punk rock band and lived commune style---going to Maine every year to pick blueberries.

Just funny.

nc

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Another gem from their facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/onemillionmoms?sk=wall

Victory! Tremendous success on Skechers’ Super Bowl Ad! Last year Skechers chose Kim Kardashian to star in their highly sexual ad where it appeared that she was sleeping with her trainer, or at the very least making out with him. She tells him that he is the best she ever had. Then she breaks up with him since she found something else to take his place. The ad was for their Shape-Ups toning shoes. ... Well, this year there was a dramatic improvement in their content after OMM contacted them. Skechers chose a pug to run in a dog race wearing tiny Skechers sneakers. Before crossing the finish line, the dog turns around and does the moonwalk to make its win. It was clean and cute and of course family-friendly - exactly what we asked of Skechers. This positive change has many groups claiming it was the #1 favorite ad of the night. Way to go Skechers and thanks for listening. Nice job moms! You are making a huge difference.

They certainly have an elevated sense of what they have accomplished.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I don't think Ellen is all that funny. I don't particularly care for her. I don't think Jim Carey is funny either. But any company can hire anyone they want to sell their products. If you don't like it, don't shop there.

• tec
    tec

There's a million moms facebook organization that is NOT this group attacking Ellen. They're getting all sorts of angry comments. I feel for them. Because they are million moms against hatred and intolerance.

Ironic that the other group would call themselves the same thing and yet they are for hatred and intolerance. Ellen gave the first group (the good group) a mention, that it was NOT them.

Peace,

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit