Ellen DeGeneres Addresses Her JCPenney Critics

by whereami 18 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
  • Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

She's a classy lady. Good on her!

• Violia
    Violia

Ellen is OK. I don't shop at Jc penny ( due to money) but way to go JC Penny.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

BillO kind of shocked me. He made some good points---weird. Ellen is just a spokesperson and she carries Penny's message. She's not their to voice her own message. She's selling clothes and housewares. Are they afraid that the gay particles will come through the TV and land on their children?

NC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

V! I rarely pay full price at Penny's, but their sales can be extraordinary---especially clearance. I used to shop at cheaper places because of price, but then I started looking around the bigger department stores and realized that for the same price, I could buy some great quality on sale. Just a thought. I bought a $120 dress for something like $16.00 there once. I always got compliments cuz it was great.

NC

• tec
    tec

If we had a JC Penny in Canada, I would shop there now too. Probably e x clusively, lol.

Peace,

Tammy

• finally awake
    finally awake

I don't shop much period, but I do go to JCP for kids clothes. I am not a fan of Ellen, she just isn't funny. But I'm glad that JCP isn't dumping her over this nonsense.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

That woman (the one on the O'Reilly video) is amazingly annoying. Homosexuality is being engrained in our culture in "alarming ways"??? WHAT?? Like...how? A person is gay and says they are, and that's engraining it in our culture in an alarming way? C'mon. She seems to be in the same camp as those who say that people who are gay are in the same category as those who engage in bestiality or pedophilia. They see no line of demarcation between them. It's a ridiculous argument, one that holds no water and cannot be backed up by facts.

But what CAN be backed up by research is the fact that gay couples are less likely to be abusive or neglectful to their children than heterosexual couples.

A spokesperson for a business isn't shoving their lifestyle in the collective face of America...They're being the spokesperson for that business, and that's all. It's saying "I'm famous, I like shopping here, I like this product or that product, and I think you should check it out".

Forgive me, but Jessica Simpson isn't the brightest crayon in the box and she as the spokesperson for Proactive...and they sold a lot of zit banishing kits. Now it's Katy Perry. So, is Proactive encouraging girls to be dumb bimbos and grow up to get married and divorced less than a year later? I don't think so.

The Million Moms (40 thousand LMAO) are simply attacking Ellen herself because they disagree with her sexual preference. If you don't like people being gay, that's your right. But don't fuck with someone's job and their livelihood because YOU disagree with who they sleep with.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Wow, you think old Sandy has had a bit too much plastic surgery??

• Heaven
    Heaven

Way to go Ellen and JC Penney!

I have worked with all different kinds of people over the years. Every single homosexual person I have worked with has been warm, loving, kind, funny, and excellent colleagues.

My observations are this: Religion is the reason for all this hatred towards people. Period. Take the religious dogma away and there is no basis for these ideals of hating someone because they are not the same as some created notion that we should all be the same.

Sandy Rios (the woman in Bill's video) is advocating hatred and discrimination. She should be ashamed. She is also quite out of touch with the fact that 'family' DOES include homosexuals. What's also very interesting is that not very long ago, Sandy wouldn't have had the right to even speak on this because she wouldn't have had the right to have the job she holds.

We should all go to the One Million Mom's Facebook page and post a supportive message for Ellen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit