An Introduction

by tornapart 35 Replies latest jw friends

• tornapart
    tornapart

Thankyou for your warm welcome everyone. :)

And Oz, I will certainly take your advice. I've read several stories on here where that has happened. I will go as carefully as I can! Thanks for your wise words.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

WOW married to an Elder!!!! So how is it going? I just can't fathom it!! You are a brave one

Oh and Welcome to the JWN Family

• tornapart
    tornapart

Thanks FS! I'm gradually getting to know everyone.. well as good as you can anonomously! LOL

I have to keep a very low profile and keep under the radar. It's working quite well atm. I drop my little seeds of doubt wherever I can, it's surprising how many have their doubts!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

best of luck!!! as you can see I posted my pic so I'm 100% out if you need an ear to listen PM me any time!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

TA: it's surprising how many have their doubts!

I think lots of JWs do but they're all terrified because you can't trust anyone, their policies and doctrines isolate even married couples from discussing doubts together without being "unfaithful" and of course the consequences are terrible: get DFd and lose all your friends and family merely for being smart enough to see the WTBTS is full of it!

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey Tornapart!

Just wondering what response you might get if you asked your husband to explain "legalism" and its exact opposite (from the heart).

If he looks it up in the wt library you will have gotten him to unknowingly read a short and powerful summary of Ray Franz' (very thick) book ISOCF!

For what its worth one might define "legalism" as "self-righteousness attained by following the supposedly 'right' rules". This is indeed "a denial of Christian faith" in "the truth of the good news" (Gal 2:5,14) which instead teaches IMPUTED righteousness received as a free gift granted by God's unmerited favour (Rom 3:24 and many more).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit