who wants to go to heaven?

by xtreemlyconfused17 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sulla
    Sulla

By "going to heaven," most people imply existence as a spirit as opposed to existence as a physical being. The Christian faith has always asserted that the resurrection of Christ was a physical resurrection and not an apotheosis. In this, they have been in line with the Jewish understanding and very much at odds with the Platonic idea of the afterlife.

The single thing that the JWs managed to get partially correct is the emphasis on the physicality of the resurrection. Though, true to form, they screw it up by insisting that the physical resurrection is that thing that happens to the lower class Christians while the "anointed," higher class Christians receive a spiritual apotheosis.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i dont think there is a scripture that supports a resurrection to the earth.

• mouthy
    mouthy

YES PLEASE the sooner the better

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The Jews believed in a physical resurrection on earth as someone else noted. This Greek thing with humans zipping around with harps over clouds is a joke. Jesus died a Jew. His apostles were Jews. What is heaven? It is a catch all term for something we cannot possibly conceive as humans. I prefer the earth created/big bang whatever for humans.

The older I become, the more I enjoy pleasures of the flesh. Rock concerts, ballet, opera, superb food, fashion, travel.

Maybe heaven is nonexistence. Reverting to the dust from whence we came.

I have a feeling that whatever happens just happens. No one, other than Jesus and Lazarus, has returned. One would think the Jewish authorites would have commissioned a lengthy interrogation of Lazarus so we would know. Jesus had nothing to say even in the breaking of bread.

• DonutZ!
    DonutZ!

I'd rather stay here on earth, I mean, no donuts in heaven? Ahhhh!!

• xtreemlyconfused17
    xtreemlyconfused17

hahahahaahahahahaa@donutz

• xtreemlyconfused17
    xtreemlyconfused17

@JAM n DESIGNS lmfao................................@UCANTNOME what about John 5:28,29...........................@MOUTHY whyy? :/ ..........................@BAND ON THE RUN exctlyyyy. The more u live, the more u wana stay!! Its perfect here (not concidering diseases and pain). I wonder y mouthy doesnt like it here......................................@SULLA please pleeeeease repeat that in simple english! I was geting something then i lost it!!!!!........................

• xtreemlyconfused17
    xtreemlyconfused17

@BAND ON THE RUM what did u mean, "Jesus had nothing to say even in the breaking of bread."??..........................................@DOG IS GOD 1st of all, i dig your name. 2nd of all...OUUCH!! Sory for you!! Hey did u have those visions people have when dying? :) lol...............,[email protected] ur in heaven??????...................................@HEAVEN ur in heaven too :/ !!!!!!!!!!??....................................@CYBERJESUS u commited suicide?? I shouldn't expect your reply now should i? Or u had changed your mind?............................@JUST RON and LEAVINGWT................................thanx for the links. I dont know when i'll get my hands on dad's lap but i'll watch them (hey i'm using mobile, online videos reeealy eat up bundles :D). lmao. Do u have something i could read? :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit