Changed or Misprinted?

by iamwhoiam 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

So..who here has examples of where the society printed something in a book or magazine...and then when a newer version of the book or bound volume came out...they changed what they wrote to cover up a mistake or to further a doctrinal change?

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

The Revelation book. They "updated" it with Kingdom Ministry cut-outs. No lie.

• iamwhoiam
  • trevorbv
  • kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

The Great Retcon Religion: Sucking faith down the memory hole since 1879.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

None of Russell’s predictions came to pass, so words in his books were altered and they continued to sell them.

Today, Witnesses are told that 1914 was a year “marked” by Russell, but they are not told that Russell expected an outbreak of enduring PEACE with 1914, under the auspices of Zionism. Hence the magazine was called "Zion's Watch Tower".

The followng file provides key alterations they made to Russell’s books “Millennial Dawn” [MD], subsequently renamed “Studies in the Scriptures” [SS]. The initial title reflected Russell’s teaching that the Millennium had already dawned.

http://www.jwstudies.com/Changed_MD_and_SS_words.pdf

None of of CTR's dates is accepted today.

Very little, if anything, of the teachings when the WTS was "appointed" in 1919 is acceptable today.

In the 1920s, Rutherford got rid of the pyramids for proving dates, and lost the majority of his followers as a result.

etc., etc.

Doug

• Ding
    Ding

Russell said that 1914 would be the END, not the beginning of the time of trouble.

The Society changed many of Russell's predictions from "before 1914" to "near 1914" or "after 1914."

Much of this can be found through www.jwfacts.com and www.freeminds.org.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

The masthead of pre 1994 Awake! magazines all said the end would come before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passed away. They chucked that, and now it says the end is to come soon.

If that isn't a biggie, I don't know what is.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

The WTS does not include "Babylon the Great Has Fallen, God's Kingdom Rules" book in the WT CD library!!

I find that rather interesting and humerous.

LS

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Hi Larry,

I think I am correct in saying they do not list the other 1963 book, "All Scripture Ispired ...". Didn't they released an "updated" version?

Weren't there two versions of "Let God be True"?

What about "Aid to Bible Understanding"? Is that listed?

Doug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit