I always come here for help first... a group called bible students

by Butterflyleia85 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Hello Friends,

It's been a long time... I'm on my husband’s computer because my laptop broke down and I been procrastinating to fix it.

I was starting a thing where I was posting “Catching the Manipulation in Sunday’s Watchtower Article” and getting feedback on where I could find the manipulation. But haven’t been able to do it because my phone just can’t handle all the data, my laptop has black screen, and this is my husband’s computer (getting on here is less convenient then my laptop that’s mobile and will I can get things done at the same time).

Even though I haven’t been sharing my comments every once in a while I kept coming back here to observe. I miss you guys! I haven’t even seen you in person and I feel a connection of understanding and insight. My phone has a application that allows it to access facebook a lot easier. So I been looking at group discussions such as “Jehovah’s Witness Discussions”, “Kingdom Christians”, and others. This one ( www.jehovahs-witness.net ) is the only one I still feel warm and cozy. Sota Speak. I guess cause it was my first Jehovah’s Witnesses network of friends. I never been so open about like I am today.

My question is though… that all this connection brought me to a group called Bible Students. Can I hear some opinions on this?

I couldn’t believe at first that such a group existed!!! It almost answers my prayers but also there’s this side of me that is afraid I guess…

I also came across this website: http://www.friendsofjehovahswitnesses.com/

Again I’m so happy and shocked and a bit confused but excited to see this.

So far I had done so much research enough to allow me to actually visit another church. I still don’t believe much of the orthodox, catholic, and protestant beliefs… but was open to the idea of nondenominational churches or community church. I also was thinking of groups like freethinkers or humanist. But it just seems still too much out of my comfort zone. So when I was approached with a bible group brought about before Jehovah’s Witnesses became what they are today it sparked my interest. I began looking at the books and it’s still a bet scary to me… any opinions on this… all comments are welcome! J

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

My comment is on your laptop ....

If it is black screen, look real close, in the light, from the side ... can you still see the image? If so, it is probably the "inverter", very inexpensive and pretty easy to replace if you want to give it a try yourself ... alternatively, plug the monitor from the desktop (assuming there is a VGA cable on it or available) into the laptop, if it is a problem simply with the display, the image should show up normal on the external monitor.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Here is a link to a Bible Students forum.

http://www.biblestudents.net/forum

Bangalore

• tornapart
    tornapart

Hi Butterfly, yes I've come across them. They are the group that splintered away from the early Bible Students of Russell's day and carried on much in the way he used to. Some ex JWs go to them for spiritual association although the groups are much smaller. Bible discussion and freedom of thought is encouraged and not looked down on in anyway. Some stick closely to Russell's doctrines and others don't so much. But they all have core beliefs similar to JWs but without the organisation or the control.

If you want to go to a good website for ex/fading/doubting JWs there's one called jwstruggle.com. A few Bible Students go on there too and there's a lot of free thinking!

• just Ron
    just Ron

I had the same problem with my computer it had developed a static charge.

It need to be powered of with out the battery to discharge it then it worked just fine.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

a group called Bible Students

Ah yes, the original seed of the religion called Jehovah's Witnesses. Of course you will get a familiar feeling with them ... I guess if you still hold on to a feeling that JW's almost had the truth, it is a logical step to go back to those who didn't abuse the "new light" excuse and just remained with Russell's weird teachings.

• designs
    designs

Hi. There is also the Christian Millennial Fellowship, they were the first group to break away from the Bible Students back in 1906.

They are still around www.cmfellowship.org

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

.thanks wannabefree! i will try that!! that's exactly the prob. and yeah i can usually plug in my labtop to my tv.

to the other comments thanks!! i will look at the website a lil more when i have time tonight. and yeah bible students sound neat but russels idea's seem so far fetch (after lookin at the liture) i like the idea to some degree but it's kinda weird. in my mind i think, keep it simple. lol no offence to those who do look at the idea as a sign frm god.

• Londo111
    Londo111

It would be intriguing. But after learning about Pastor Russell, his personal life, his lying under Oath, the weird stuff he originally taught, especially the date setting (1874, 1914, ect), it definitely would not be for me. You can't put new wine in old wineskins.

• tornapart
    tornapart

sorry Butterfly.. I couldn't make the link for www.jwstruggle.com visible. It's a cool site, very helpful and interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit