''I love the organization''

by punkofnice 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

..........said Mrs Punk!

This was how she justified screaming abuse at me an slamming doors when she overheard me tell a bloke who was about to get baptized why I quit the meetings. In fairness I wouldn't have said a thing but he asked me. He was a study of mine believe it or not.

I calmly asked a fuming Mrs Punk why she was acting the way she was. Her response was that I was insulting something she loves. She defined her love of the WBT$ as being like the love of her children. (I still don't get it and I was an uber-dub).

A couple of months down the line and she's now on meds and fairly 'happyfied' in a dilated pupil sort of way, most of the time. (I don't know if this is significant or not?!?!)

I am now DA'd and have no idea if matey got baptized.

I wonder if Mrs Punk is actually more frightened of the WBT$ than in love with it? Is it stockholm syndrome?

Now I know none of you know Mrs Punk but what have you noticed about JW diehards in respect of their perception of the WBT$?

Is it possible 'love' is the motive?

Is there something obvious I'm missing here?

Did I miss anything out?

• cedars
    cedars

No, as much as I sympathise, I definitely haven't come close to having that type of experience.

However, I would be very interested to hear if your mate ended up getting baptized despite your little performance! I can't imagine a worse advert for a prospective new convert than to have his former mentor try to dissuade him from joining. I can only hope your candid words were enough to pull him back from the brink.

Cedars

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

THERE IS NO LOVE IN THAT CULT!

Now that I got that out the way, this is just another example of how powerful the conditioning and programing is.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

cedars:

I definitely haven't come close to having that type of experience.

I'm glad for you. Tis a very weird experience when the one you've been married to for aeons turns on you in the blink of an eye.

Darth frosty: 'Conditioning' is right. I wonder if Mrs Punk interprets it as 'love'?

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's not love by any stretch of the imagination. It is fear and indoctrination. Fear that displeasing a mythical entity will result in a loss of eternal life. Fear of losing conditional friendships within the organisation. Fear that somehow deviating from the WTS prescribed path will make her a lesser person. All backed up by meeting after meeting, and publication after publication of indoctrination. She is a victim, and yes it is comparable to Stockhom Syndrome (or as it was called by Richard Hammond on Top Gear "Helsinky Syndrome").

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

cantleave - Richard Hammond knows best! Mrs Punk uses the word 'love' but as you say her extreme reaction doesn't seem to spring from love in the true sense of the word.

Your comments make me think she's taking sides with the biggest bully in the playground in the hopes he won't smack her face in................and yet she's still afraid her loyalty will still be ridiculed by the bully.

• cedars
    cedars
    (or as it was called by Richard Hammond on Top Gear "Helsinky Syndrome").

Haha, yes I watched that episode. I'm glad there's another fan of the show on here.

Cedars

• just Ron
    just Ron

The virus makes them think it's love but it is really fear.

Their is a virus in rats that makes them not fear cats.

The virus will live on in the cat and be passed out to infect other rats.

If the same rat get's eaten buy an owl the virus dies.

So it's fear the virus fears being eaten buy the owl.

I learned that from zids sex and god post.

Their was another series buy the same guy religion the virus.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Do you know the risk of trying to break up domestic violence? The risk is that if you step in and tell the abuser to stop, there is a high probability that the victim will turn their rage on you. I don't know about the 'love them like my child' anology. This seems more like she loves the org like an abusive boyfriend or husband.

NC

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Sounds like "I love Big Brother."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit