JW's Say To Love Your Children..........!!!!!!

by ladonna 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Perry
    Perry

Well, what can a person say? Can there be a law making it illegal to not show love? It is illegal to be an a$$h*%e? Nope, just a bad luck of the draw for those who grew up in this.

No one in my family ever told one another they loved each other until I was around 28 and then my mother was the only one who clicked with the idea when I brought it up. From that time on we expressed love at least when closing a telephone conversation.

The JW sociology demands we become Human-Doings as opposed to Human-Beings. The idea that you are human, with all its rights and accessories just by the fact that you BE, is replaced with the tenet that you are only Human if you DO.

You cannot love a Doing, at least not in a way that is reciprocal, only the Being or intelligent force behind an action can be loved and give back.

So, by reducing people to Doings, with the intelligent force behind it being the Society, the idea of expressions of love to individuals is really kind of silly and illogical in the JW mind, whereas expressions of passion toward the Society seem much more appropriate to the JW, because it alone has the status of "Being".

The system is completely out of harmony with how we function and are put together as humans.

The Society has stolen our inheritance and birth rights to love.

• Dutchy
    Dutchy

I guess the picture drawn by the litte boy in the clip was supposed to represent the World Trade Center bombing, but actually it could also be influenced or reinforced by what he was being taught about Armegeddon.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

think they are trying to improve their image - sort of like the Mormons - more good PR than anything else

Rejoice in the healing and not in the pain.
    Rejoice in the challenge overcome and not in the past hurts.
    Rejoice in the present - full of love and joy.
    Rejoice in the future for it is filled with new horizons yet to be explored. - Lee Marsh 2002

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

I plan to use this ad in conversations with my JW father. We used to have conversations about the need for the door to door preaching. I said that it wasn't effective and he said that the Society had used Radio and newspaper before and found that it wasn't effective. I'll bet that the Rank and File witness is not even aware that they have this ad. Anyway it's just another example of the GB changing their minds and policies.

I also wonder if this ad is a result of some requirements to be a part of another international organization like the UN.

TimB

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Jehovah's Witnesses hope that the message in this public service announcement will encourage parents to take the time to
    listen to their children and talk to them, letting them know they are loved.

There seems to be an inverse relationship between the indoctrination of the JW's and the amount of love the indoctrinated ones are able to show. My inactive grandmother does not shun me, and has no problem expressing her love. My elder dad, my mom, and my pioneer grandmother shun me now, and before that didn't regularly express love in simple terms to me until I trained them to do so (after I left home). Why did I have teach them to say "I love you"? It seems like such a basic thing to do.

J.R.Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• Imbue
    Imbue
    This is the main reason why the WTS is protecting child abusers. Nothing must "hurt" the holy and almighty ORGANIZATION. No evil deed, no act is too filthy that it can't be hushed up, swept under the carpet in order to keep the WT facade "clean".

So true! And in all religions.

What I wonder about is who is paying for the commercials. Local congs or WT.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again when it doesn't work.

• Imbue
    Imbue

What makes this interesting is how it's more evidence that they are trying to alter their public image to appear more mainstream.

To change th public perception of JWs the same way the Mormons are trying to seem normal in their commercials.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again when it doesn't work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit