JW's Say To Love Your Children..........!!!!!!

by ladonna 16 Replies latest jw friends

• ladonna
    ladonna

I get this in my email. Thought I'd share this one!!!!!

Children need a sense of security to overcome their fears, especially in
    times of heightened anxiety. Jehovah's Witnesses hope that the message in
    this public service announcement will encourage parents to take the time to
    listen to their children and talk to them, letting them know they are loved.

Languages available: English, Spanish
    Length: Available in 10-, 15-, 20- and 30-second segments

28k/56k connection speed: http://www.jw-media.org/edu_videos/psa_02lo.htm
    ISDN connection speed: http://www.jw-media.org/edu_videos/psa_02hi.htm

• umtiger
    umtiger

Love builds family's?? HA!!! OMG Interestingly I just asked my older sister when was the first time she remembers "Mom and Dad" telling her that they love her,.. she said she remembers Dad telling here when she got married,.. a very terrible situation leading up to her gettin' married and out of the house at 17.

I remember NONE,...... NADA,.. 'cept when we "patched" things up at age 22.

Guess the society has figured out that their demise could be that lack of "love", seeing as how it all stems from the family, and they only do what they are told and taught to.

I Remember the BS of having NO natural affection, are they trying to cover their own A$$? I was taught that this was in relation to those that kill their own children, torture etc. etc. The form of torment the society has created within family structures definately fits into this catagory in my opinion!! Cuud this actually be the policy of DFing fulfilling the prophecy of having no natural affection??

This was just my case, I am sure that there are some out there who had parents with sense enough on their own to think, without waiting for a command to love thier own children.

Love your children,..lesson learned
    (from the mouths of babes, hear me now)
    and If I go overboard with my son then SO Be It!

All That Could Never Be Said
    All That Could Never Be Done
    Will Wait for Us At Last,
    Somewhere Behind The Sun

• Kent
    Kent

letting them know they are loved

Hmmm. Do they say anything about elders shoving their love by sexually abusing them?

Yachyd Da

Kent

I need the new KM's as they come! Please send me scans!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• nelly136
    nelly136

how can a group of people with a throwaway mentality
    when it comes to their own children preach to others
    about love??[8>]
    nelly

• Norm
    Norm

I don't think the problems is that JW's don't love their children because they do. Just like in any political and religious organization with an unhealthy ideology the problems start when there is a conflict between the organizations interests and the individuals interest. Such organizations always have a major "cause". It is always the Cause or the purpose that get priority.

I such cases parents must choose to be loyal to the organization and the cause at the cost of the welfare of their children or other relatives and family members.

This is spelled out in no uncertain manner time and time again in the KH and the WT literature:

*** w89 9/15 24 Be Obedient to Those Taking the Lead ***
    But how would you act if one of your relatives was disfellowshipped? While there might be a need for limited contact to care for family matters, all spiritual association with the disfellowshipped relative would have to be cut off. (See The Watchtower, April 15, 1988, pages 26-31.) Surely, loyalty to God and his organization should move us to respect the judicial decisions of the overseers.
    This is the main reason why the WTS is protecting child abusers. Nothing must "hurt" the holy and almighty ORGANIZATION. No evil deed, no act is too filthy that it can't be hushed up, swept under the carpet in order to keep the WT facade "clean".

In an environment like that, love and respect, children's and other individuals interests is never a concern.

Norm

• writerpen
    writerpen

Does anyone know where and when these ads have run? It sure is a complete opposite of the beatings my brother and I received.

• nelly136
    nelly136

well you know thats just another loving provision
    to protect you from the world pen,
    nelly

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

OMG!!!

Yes, I wonder why little Timmy is not able to sleep and drawing pictures like that??? Could it be because the religion you are indoctrinating his poor innocent little mind with tells him that a loving God is going to destroy people in much the same manner???

GRRRRRRR

betweenworlds (of the very disgusted class)

Everything secret degenerates, even the administration of justice; nothing is safe that does not show how it can bear discussion and publicity. Lord Acton 1834-1902

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Between, I thought that exact thing as I watched it. Funny, I used to draw pictures like that myself when I was young. I wonder where I got the ideas from? Funny how much like a WTBTS picture that drawing looks like!!! Wonder why he's having a bad dream? It couldn't be one of those dreams where the demons won't go away, or where mom and dad are being killed in 'the big A' for shouting at each other or saying a 'bad' word that night ...

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Hey there name,

I know huh! Makes me feel so sad. Just glad that my kids aren't going to have to grow up with all that junk going on inside their heads. I remember being little and having these horrible nightmares that armageddon was here and that I ran into a church and became trapped inside. Still creeps me out to think of that dream. I'll say it again....UGH!!!!!

Everything secret degenerates, even the administration of justice; nothing is safe that does not show how it can bear discussion and publicity. Lord Acton 1834-1902

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit