What are the most frustrating subjects to talk about with a JW...

by Tuesday 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The main point is that there is not a shred of evidence for Jesus appointing them in 1914 or whatever mumbo jumbo they say. The very legitimacy of the Society is at issue. As long as they magically belief that the WTS has any legitimacy, what is the point of discussion. It is the ultimate test for me.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

For me it is their rendering of Proverbs 4:18. No matter what prophecy has failed or will fail....all they have to do is change the meaning or the definition or the date.....ANYTHING.......and then according to their logic.....the prophecy never technically failed therefore it is proof that they are being directed by God.

"This generation." The teaching has changed 6 times now by my count. You can show a JW the fact that their Awake magazine said that it was GOD'S promise that the generation that saw the events of 1914 would not pass away. But it means nothing. And why? Because the GB changed the definition. NOW it means that the lives of the 1914 generation would overlap with the lives of the generation that sees the end. To a JW....since the governing body changed the definition of what qualifies as a generation.....the original prophecy didn't fail......it was just amended as the light got brighter. And there it is.....with the use of one scripture taken grossly out of context......the society has an eternal safety net for false prophecies.

I wish I could make predictions.....and then when they don't come true.....reactively (not proactively) alter my prediction.......boast about how I've never falsely prophesied (due to changing my predictions after they fail).....condemn others who did falsely prophesy but at least had the balls to admit it.......and then know that there is an army of people that will continue to support me.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Anything that requires thinking..

.................;-)...OUTLAW

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Outlaw, did you steal my first point from my last post or were you just agreeing with me for emphasis sakes?

One never knows with an outlaw!!!

00DAD

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey 00DaD..

Didn`t read your post till now..

I`m happy you could agree with me,before I wrote my post..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Outlaw, I just KNEW you'd find a way to turn things around in your favor!!!!

Always glad to agree with you in advance!

I'll let you know what else I should agree with you just as soon as I know it myself. ... lol

00DAD

• tornapart
    tornapart

A thinking JW is an exJW

• 00DAD
    00DAD

When do I get to be an ex-ExJW?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit