What are the most frustrating subjects to talk about with a JW...

by Tuesday 37 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Explain to me how the Faithful & Discreet Slave fulfill the prophecy of providing spiritual food when they have no involvement at all in the preparation or dissemination of anything provided by the WTBTS and the Governing Body publicly admits they have no idea who the anointed around the world are!

• designs
    designs

1.Science

2. GB

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I bet if you put a gun to the head of the average JW they could NOT to save their life name all seven GB members.

And yet they blindly believe what ever these guys publish and follow whatever direction they give even though they don't know the least little thing about them.

Really pretty stupid when you think about it.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Failed prophecies - The usual response I've gotten is, "Yea, but have any of those hurt you in any way?"

I follow up with this face and then say, "Aren't we supposed to be truthful in the truth? If you make a prediction with the help of GOD'S SPIRIT, shouldn't you get it right?"

Well, it doesn't really matter to them I guess. Boy is that aggravating!

CoC

• dog is god
    dog is god

anything

• Heath N
    Heath N

I totally agree with diamondiiz........they trust strangers & outsiders over family members......very naive.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Did you know that when Bro So-And-So was appointed as an elder and got the special privledge of a Dist Conv assignment that he had been . . . . .[fill in the blank] . . .

1) carrying on in an adulterous relationship for 5 years

2) molesting children for decades

3) embezzling $$$$$Thousand$$$$ from the company he was working for

4) concealing that he was addicted to drugs/alcohol/sex/etc for years

. . . . . and yet, the claim in the WT is that he was appointed by God's Holy Spirit. Why would God's Holy Spirit choose such a man to shepherd the Flock? I can see how he could have fooled the local body of elders, or even the CO, but HOW DID HE FOOL THE HOLY SPIRIT?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Almost everyone knows some elder that fits that situation. Have the JW explain that one. Actually that is more fun than frustrating. Love watching them backpedal and squirm.

DOC

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It is such a strange religion isn't it? They pat themselves on the back for having it so right, but whenever they don't, that's ok too.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The idea of "truth" being in reality, false at many points in time.

I mean you can't call your religion the "truth" if you have completely changed your doctrine can you? (Well you can, when you have given yourself the title of "God's Organization")

Something is either true or it isn't. If it isn't, then you were teaching a lie right?

I still can't wrap my mind around the idea that I used to call this religion "the truth"

Was it truth in 1919? I foolishly asked this to my Dad once, he rambled on for 5 minutes and ended with a silly smirk on his face like he had just showed me up.

• Ding
    Ding
    Failed prophecies - The usual response I've gotten is, "Yea, but have any of those hurt you in any way?"

I wonder what they would say if you replied with, "Not me personally, but it sure brings reproach on the name of Jehovah, doesn't it?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit