The Preparation Directive

by Flat_Accent 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

I can just imagine the excitment of them all comparing notes about what they have in their emergency store. Insane!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The only JW friend I have on my FB list posted a pic of it the other day.

It says:

Basic Emergency Supplies Kit:

Food Supplies for 3-5 days and Fresh Water

First Aid Kit

Candles or Torches

Blankets and Clothing

Advance Medical Directive/Release Card

Personal Medical Supplies

Bible

Personal Identification Papers

Necessary Records/Photos

Notice that the Advance Medical Directive is #6 and the Bible is #8!!!

• Ding
    Ding

When the food goes stale, the WTS will deny that they ever said anything at all.

The JWs will be blamed for running ahead of Jehovah again...

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Yeah, this happened post-Katrina. My aunt was really pushing it on me. Not that having a disaster plan is a bad thing. Of course, that was when I was just an inactive, now that I am an apostate, I'm pretty sure she doesn't care if I survive a disaster or not.

She showed me some of the stuff in her disaster pack that I found funny. She had nice little outfits for herself. A lavender jogging suit with some flat shoes. I was thinking, WTH? I think she might have even had a skirt in there, like in her mind in a disaster she still needed to be cute and perhaps go to the meetings. I'll be putting army fatigues/cargo pants type stuff in mine. If there is a disaster, the last thing I'm trying to be is pretty. I'm going to morph into a mentally unbalanced Vietnam vet, so maybe I can get through the disaster without getting raped. My disaster pack will be full of weapons, freeze-dried food, etc.

I wonder if the JW disaster pack includes a bible or any publications?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit