FAQ "Do you believe that [Jehovah's Witnesses] are the only ones who will be saved?"

by wannabefree 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• extractor
    extractor

I was meeting with some JWs (actually trying to get them out) and I wanted to see if they would lie to me so I asked, "Will the JW be the only ones spared at Agdn?" They said, "No. We're not so bold as to think we're the only one's who have it right. We think there are some other groups that probably have it right also."

Question answered: Yes, they will lie to me.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The JW Media question asks the wrong question:

"Do you believe that you are the only ones who will be saved?"

The question is: When Armageddon arrives (which could happen as soon as today, according to your theology), who will be destroyed?

The ignorant public doesn't realize that WT asks the wrong question. To many Christians, the word 'saved' is the same thing as Salvation. So, the JW Media site question ignores the fate of those living when their Armageddon starts. Their answer simply speaks of those who have already died.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

slimboyfat >

• xtreemlyconfused17
    xtreemlyconfused17

okay so what if a peson who didn't beleive in christ and after the JW came, he beleived. But afraid of being baptized and become one of the JW, will he be saved?

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

xtreemlyconfused17 > You will be better off to die in ignorance and be resurrected.

• Fernando
    Fernando

No to the question.

Sadly yes, wannabefree, I agree John 3:16 is not part of the "good news" according to the Watchtower and their followers.

Their "good news" is only about a FUTURE PHYSICAL paradise on earth. They have stumbled at the "stone of stumbling" and "rockmass of offense" and consequently disfellowshipped, shunned and deleted him.

(Proverbs 8:36) . . .But the one missing me is doing violence to his soul...

• wasblind
    wasblind

Let's see,

Do wuz believe JW's will be the only ones saved

I believe that 7 million will be unaccounted for in paradise

that's what I believe

• Ding
    Ding
    Many millions who have lived in centuries past and who were not Jehovah’s Witnesses will come back in a resurrection and have an opportunity for life.

Who are these people?

From reading the WT, one would conclude that every righteous person from Abel onward was a "witness of Jehovah."

Doesn't the WTS teach that all of life is a loyalty test? You are either a witness for Jehovah or you are siding with the devil?

Many now living may yet take a stand for truth and righteousness before God’s time of judgment, and they will gain salvation.

In WT teaching, how is it possible for a person to be righteous and make a stand for truth without being or becoming one of Jehovah's Witnesses? I thought they couldn't UNDERSTAND the truth or God's righteous demands without WT publications to explain it to them, no matter how much Bible reading they do.

If people can be saved without becoming a JW, why do you come to their doors and teach them the WTS is Jehovah's "ark of salvation"?

In Noah's day, how many people were saved without getting into the ark? Wasn't their refusal to get into the ark conclusive proof of their unrighteousness?

Moreover, Jesus said that we should not be judging one another.

Including not judging those "mentally diseased" apostates who must be shunned as dogs who return to their own vomit?

Humans look at the outward appearance

Things like meeting attendance? Hours of field service? Facial hair? Skirt length?

God looks at the heart. He sees accurately and judges mercifully.

Unlike the GB Society with its treatment of people who disagree with them and with its preoccupation with worldwide annihilation at Armageddon.

God has committed judgment into Jesus’ hands, not ours.

So is God the judge or is Jesus?

If Jesus is a mere creature, how can he know people's hearts and make these judgments?

Besides, according to WT teachings, he isn't the man Jesus any more. He's Michael the archangel.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Lying about this question is Theocratic warfare at it's finest. Spin doublespeak to sound to the public like the JW's are not so cultish to think they will be the only ones saved, then turn around and hound the hell out of JW's who go to meetings but not out in FS, that what they do is not good enough to get them through Armaggedon.

Think About It

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

You don't even need to look into the Koolaid version to see what they really mean:

"Do you believe that you are the only ones who will be saved?

No. Many millions who have lived in centuries past and who were not Jehovah’s Witnesses will come back in a resurrection and have an opportunity for life. Many now living may yet take a stand for truth and righteousness before God’s time of judgment, and they will gain salvation."

Nowhere does it say people who are now living who aren't Jehovah's Witnesses will survive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit