Thoughts and Opinions on the VAA?

by arko_n9ne 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Their own door to door work will become the biggest deterant to their religion.

C'mon, Tim. As if their D2D work now produces any results... Let's see, hmmm, about 11 trillion hours of preaching to just start a "bible" study...

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

C'mon, Tim. As if their D2D work now produces any results... Let's see, hmmm, about 11 trillion hours of preaching to just start a "bible" study...

Ha, definitely. Think about if everytime a JW went from door to door there were more doubts put in their head. Every day at least two people telling them a perfectly legitimate reason why they don't support their religion. It brings a tear to my eye (boy I'm getting soft after two kids)...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I thought the VAA was a joke at first but I am beginning to see it's relevance.

Some Dub YouTuber posted a vid saying the VAA would fail because god would stop it or some such nonsense.

It interested me that the vid poster had disabled comments and ratings.

That's at least 1 individual that's been rattled by the VAA.

I rarely put vids on YouTube these days but I used to use the VAA logo a lot. Perhaps in my next rant I'll use it again.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I remember that video Punk, it was funny because that was my initial thoughts on it too. The VAA shows up on November 5th, 2017 and nothing happens well guess what? JWs you're not the chosen people because the scripture says as soon as people turn against them it will be like touching God's eyeball and he'll step in right away.

There's ALOT more JWs rattled about the VAA. There was a question on Yahoo questions about it some time ago, and when I went to my old congregation it was like it sucked the life right out of the room. Right there in front of them was an opposer, not someone who said they weren't an opposer who thought their religion was harmful, not someone who wanted to convert them to some other religion, not someone who was kicked out and was bitter, but someone who was at their hall to show them there was a group of people determined to take out their religion BY A CERTAIN DATE.

It's giving power to the powerless and a voice to the voiceless.

Just like blonde-moment says, "We're not going to take it" (Maybe that's my next music video)

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

The VAA shows up on November 5th, 2017 and nothing happens well guess what? JWs you're not the chosen people because the scripture says as soon as people turn against them it will be like touching God's eyeball and he'll step in right away.

Actually, this looks like a win-win to me.

11/5/17 comes and nothing happens, JWs are not chosen because God didn't step in.

11/5/17 comes and WT falls, JWs are not chosen because God didn't step in...

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Blond-Moment's comment pretty much sums up all I feel

Tuesday said "It's giving power to the powerless and a voice to the voiceless."
    I get messages from people thanking me for speaking up and inspiring them not to be afraid of or be ashamed by their JW family and former friends. Some have been moved to do what they can to make others aware of what the WBT$ is. The name does strike fear in JW's. My husband saw the group name listed on the side of my facebook page and freaked out. The VAA is organized by a concept & there is no need for it to be something formal. In my mind VAA stands for everyone who has had a part in exposing the Craptower whether or not they identify with the name or not.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Hoo-Rah! It's looking like the Army is getting pretty vast!

I think the biggest thing keeping this from being a much bigger movement is convincing the ex-JWs who left but never talk about it to start talking about it.

Any ideas people on how to get those casual ex-JWs to speak out? I keep thinking to make it a cool thing to be a former JW and speaking out as the cool thing to do. It's seeming to get there, XZibit spoke out recently, LaToya Jackson speaks out, Sheri Sheppherd speaks out, we need more.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I am skeptical about how effective this would be to help those trapped by the Society. Cults pull the emotional strings of fear and guilt and by creating a Bogeyman, it would seem to help the Society. They then have something tangible to point to and say, "See there! The Evil Slave!"

Individual Witnesses are not the enemy--and they are not blind. Many see and experience the problems in the organization. They most likely wonder why certain things are done and taught in "God's organization" and struggle under cognitive dissonance. Then they think, "But where you going to go?" One well presented thought could help them break the Cycle.

However, by pretending to be the Bogeyman, that Witness will run back into the arms of "Mom" for protection and say, "You were right! You were right!"

It was Rutherford that forced the rank and file to do things such as carry Snare&Racket signs in front of churches. There was no better recipe for antagonism. I feel such things are tactics that he would approve of. I could see Rutherford's sneer of approval, thinking how it would solidify the organization he built.

If our objective is to help those trapped, I feel we must be like this if we want to be effective: "He will not wrangle, nor cry aloud, nor will anyone hear his voice in the broad ways. No bruised reed will he crush, and no smoldering flaxen wick will he extinguish."

Lastly, I think some of us object to the word Apostate. It is hate speech. I for one will not accept the label.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

JW's like the Catholics before them are the ones who have attached the evil connotations to the word apostate or apostasy

From the Oxford Dictionary Apostate:
    noun - a person who renounces a religious or political belief or principle
    Adjective - abandoning a a religious or political belief or principle Origin - Middle English : from ecclesiastical Latin apostata, from Greek apostates 'apostate, runaway slave'

I have no problem with this label for I did abandon the religious beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses. The origin of the word meaning runaway slave is even more approppriate.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I disagree with the "running back to the WT". Some will, but many aren't. Myself included. When I first started to wake up, and read and watch apostate boards and videos, what I saw, for the most part, normal people. Even those who are over the top, who scared me at first, I came to really appreciate. I kept expecting what the WT told me to expect, and that was not what I was finding.

Some people will never wake up, even if the GB themselves told them to their face, it's all crap, some just will not wake up. Those aren't who we are talking to. Those are not who I make my videos for. Those are not who I post for. I speak out for those who are having doubts. I speak out for those who may feel alone in seeing thru the BS, feeling like there is something wrong with them, they get to see and hear they are not alone. They doubts they have are based in reality. Even those who come on to totally defend the organization, gung ho JWs, are see the reality of the facts and they too are waking up.

This is the information age. As part of the VAA, I feel it's my responsibilty to put my research, my voice, my information out there. I do it with comments on boards, with videos, with shirts that have informative websites, with stickers that have websites that I put on WT literature I find laying around places, etc. I am not knocking on their doors and forcing them to listen, I am just putting it out there as much as I can. They can and wil do with it what they will.

The fact of the matter is, these boards, the videos, the getting the information out there...is working. People are starting to question, that's all I can ask for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit