Does your heart still race when suddenly coming accross a JW?

by Fernando 32 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I met 2 JWs I've known since childhood a few weeks ago.

I was treated like crap even though I'm not even da'd or df'd.

Thanks to their "love" I'll never go back!

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I'm Sorry they did that to you BP. Nowadays people get shunned just by being inactive. The brainwashing runs deeper than ever with them, especially since the end will be "very soon" and "any day now"

Occasionally we have them come to our door, and my brain races more than my heart does. As soon as I see them on the street, I brainstorm to figure out the right thing to say to get them to think. The past couple of times I have brought up the child abuse issue. In a serious attitude, I tell them how I used to be really interested, and how much I used to love the magazines, but because of the rampant abuse amongst them, my conscience does not allow me to have anything to do with them anymore. They end up not knowing what to say, and they end up saying "I'm sorry" then they leave with their tails between their legs.

We don't need them anyways. Since leaving, I have found true friends who care and love unconditionally. JW's have a lot to learn...

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    In a serious attitude, I tell them how I used to be really interested, and how much I used to love the magazines, but because of the rampant abuse amongst them, my conscience does not allow me to have anything to do with them anymore. They end up not knowing what to say, and they end up saying "I'm sorry" then they leave with their tails between their legs.

That's a good one.

In the past, rather than say I used to be a JW, I just say that I have relatives who are JWs (true) and that I know about their beliefs. It helps cover if you say anything that the average person wouldn't know eg JW terminology, doctrines etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit