Choices you have to make after you learn the "truth"

by stuckinamovement 24 Replies latest jw friends

• tornapart
    tornapart

been reading a few other articles on there too.. there's some good info to help faders avoid the shunning..

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Thanks Daniel.

Tornapart you have a pm

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I did #1 for a while and it mashed my brain. I couldn't live with it.

I'm doing #2 now and it's even harder on a personal level but at least my children aren't being exposed to it.

You're damned either way but I feel where children are involved, #2 is the only choice I could love with personally.

• adonai
    adonai

First off I'm sorry that you are in that valley. This quote from Soren Kierkegaard helped me in this matter:

“To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. Not to dare is to lose oneself.”

• mann377
    mann377

Struckinamovement: I feel your pain. I am in the same situation and have been for a long time. Let me tell you how I have dealt with this hell hole of a situation. First I knew that once I started to fade that my "friends" would mark me and you know what that means. So before any fading I made friends outside of the organization by joining various clubs/organizations. This would give me some sort of social life and being marked would not have the t raumatic impact. I did not totally fade as I still go once in a while to meetings and assemblies/conventions. This was to pacify my wife/ grown kids. So to help my conscience I decided on a goal. The goal was guerrilla warfare against this cult. I would seek out new ones or one that "think" and make comments to help them reason about how crazy this organization was. An example would be at the convention when a statement was made that is confusing I would say in a very sincere way "isn't it wonderful to be in a spiritual paradise". You should see the looks in these people. It is as if a light has been turned on and now they are on their way to freedom. I know of four different times people have left because of this. It gives me a warm feeling inside knowing I have helped others to freedom while staying back in this prison. PS: don't say anything that is impeachable. After 25 years the fight goes on..............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit