Atheiests....Did you enjoy the book In Search of Christian Freedom?

by Diest 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Regardless of your beliefs (or lack of) the book is good in explaining how the WTS twists scriptures to support their own doctrines. I haven't read it for a while, but I should so I can get familiar with it all for next time a JW knocks on my door.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I found it an interesting insight. I was agnostic when I read it.

• shepherd
    shepherd

"Because of Ray's writing style and lack of a good editor, I couldn't get through it. Ray usually says something at least two different ways, if not more per sentence. It's tedious reading for me."

Or, it could be you have a short attention span.

I enjoyed reading both books, though I found the subject matter in ISCF less interesting to me personally. I am atheist now. When I read them I was not, I was still recovering from 28 wasted years as a JW and for many like me I would say both books are essential reading.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

I read (part of) the book when I already was an atheist, and I was surprised about the logical fallacies. I was wondering if RF could be an atheist itself, because it's very odd to a christian to discuss LF, 'cause using that very method to deconstruct the WT system you can use the same method to every kind of religion, if you keep self honesty. That's very weird to me.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

At the very least, Ray debunks the blood doctrine and the door to door ministry doctrine very well and makes it easy to understand ........but more than that....he makes it easy to explain to others.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Read it. I'm am on my way through it for the second time. I, like you, am in no mood to be a Christian.

It's quite enlightening to see major doctrine debunked. It's a shame I didn't read it 10 years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit