just seen the matrix for the first time

by highdose 20 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

are we sure that its not really about JW's? The writers aren't former cult members?

i find the sci fi bits a little hard to understand, would appreciate some enlightening before i move on to numbers 2 and 3 please?

• Spectre
    Spectre

Great movie, eh? It's one of my favorites.

The 2nd and 3rd aren't as good but I still like them a lot and enjoy the ride.

I know that the Wachowski's are comic book fans and before those movies were made there was a comic book trend that, "everything you know is wrong."

If you want, check out Grant Morrisson's The Invisibles. Grant was even pissed off that some of The Matrix seemed to be a blatent swipe of his book.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I thought the movie ripped off a number of things from a movie called Dreamscape years ago.

• tec
    tec

i find the sci fi bits a little hard to understand,

Which parts?

Great movie, though. Red pill/blue pill symbolism is powerful to a lot of things, especially a former jw. (or anyone who is letting go of former beliefs to see reality as it truly is)

Peace,

Tammy

• Londo111
    Londo111

I liked the first movie, but I didn't get the 2nd and 3rd movies...

• TD
    TD

Just for fun, pay attention to the license plates in #2. They're all scriptures that have something to do with the characters.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is a mix of a large number of philosophical and religious ideologies. The following can definitely be related to by anyone confronting the truth about a high control religion:

How Deep the Rabbit Hole Goes

Written by Andy Wachowski & Larry Wachowski - From the movie The Matrix

Morpheus: I imagine that right now you're feeling a bit like Alice. Tumbling down the rabbit hole?

Neo: You could say that.

Morpheus: I can see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he's expecting to wake up. Ironically, this is not far from the truth. Do you believe in fate, Neo?

Neo: No.

Morpheus: Why not?

Neo: 'Cause I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.

Morpheus: I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know, you can't explain. But you feel it. You felt it your entire life. That there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there. Like a splinter in your mind -- driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Neo: The Matrix?

Morpheus: Do you want to know what it is?

(Neo nods his head.)

Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere, it is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window, or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, or when go to church or when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else, you were born into bondage, born inside a prison that you cannot smell, taste, or touch. A prison for your mind. (long pause, sighs) Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself. This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back.

(In his left hand, Morpheus shows a blue pill.)

Morpheus: You take the blue pill and the story ends. You wake in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. (a red pill is shown in his other hand) You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. (Long pause; Neo begins to reach for the red pill) Remember -- all I am offering is the truth, nothing more.

(Neo takes the red pill and swallows it with a glass of water)

• elderelite
    elderelite

Yes i think i recall that movie

<-------------------------------

• iclone
    iclone

Here are the licence plate codes referred to by TD

The Twins’ truck on the freeway: DE2852. Deutronomy 28:52 — They shall besiege you in all your towns, until your high and fortified walls, in which you trusted, come down throughout all your land. And they shall besiege you in all your towns throughout all your land, which the LORD your God has given you.

Trinity and Morephus’ Cadillac on the freeway: DA203. Daniel 2:03 — I have had a dream that troubles me and I want to know what it means.

Agent Smith’s Audi at the beginning: IS5416. Isaiah 54:16 — Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

• badseed
    badseed

It's one of those movies that you wish you could go back and watch it again for the first time. One of the best in my opinion. I didn't like 2 and 3 so much, some parts were too redundant and lengthy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit