Holy Cow! A Mr. Falcon post! (persecution obsession)

by Mr. Falcon 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yes, one reason is they would have their faith tested thus glorify The God.

so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 1 Peter 1:7

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, James 1:2

Most of us know there wasn't much feeling of accomplishment in going to meetings and door to door. So if persecution arrives on them, they feel closer to God I quess. To be feeling closer to God is their goal so then persecution becomes a welcome situation.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.
    To be feeling closer to God is their goal so then persecution becomes a welcome situation.

So the only way to feel close to God is Allow yourself to be in situations that bring persecution...........

Sounds Great!!!

• zoiks
    zoiks

Most of us know there wasn't much feeling of accomplishment in going to meetings and door to door. So if persecution arrives on them, they feel closer to God I quess. To be feeling closer to God is their goal so then persecution becomes a welcome situation.

Yes

• iclone
    iclone

Mr. Falcon…

Let the ‘fear mongering” continue. Check out this quote from the April 15 2012 WT on page 22. Par 1-3

"THE execution of God’s judgment upon Satan’s

world will break out with striking suddenness.

(1 Thess. 5:2, 3) As “the great day of

Jehovah” unfolds, earthly society will descend into

chaos. (Zeph. 1:14-17) Hardships and deprivations

will be the order of the day. It will be a time of distress

“such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning

until now.”—Read Matthew 24:21, 22.

2 As the “great tribulation” moves toward its climax,

God’s people will be the target of an all-out attack

by “Gog of the land of Magog.” During this attack,

“a numerous military force” will come against

God’s people “like clouds to cover the land.” (Ezek.

38:2, 14-16) No human agency will come to the defense

of Jehovah’s people. Their survival will depend

on God alone. How will they react when staring

extermination in the face?

3 If you are a servant of Jehovah, do you have

faith that Jehovah can and will preserve his people

alive through the great tribulation? The apostle Peter

wrote: “Jehovah knows how to deliver people of

godly devotion out of trial, but to reserve unrighteous

people for the day of judgment to be cut off.”

(2 Pet. 2:9) Meditating on Jehovah’s past acts of deliverance

can fortify us for what lies ahead. Let us

consider three examples that will instill in us confidence

in Jehovah’s ability to deliver his people."

I too used to be held captive in fear with this sort of rhetoric. One person from the local cong had read this and was telling a group of jdubs how these paragraphs just sent shivers up his spine, I had to bite my tongue and after a few others started to chime in, I had to leave the room.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

If he bought a car from them............

He would of showed up 9 Hrs Late for the Signing.........

Signed 2 pages....

STOP!!!

Then say... FU** YOU ASS!!!!!!

Then Storm out!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "As the "great tribulation" moves toward its climax, God's people will be the target of an all-out attack by "Gog of the land of Magog." During this attack, "a numerous military force" will come against God's people "like clouds to cover the land." ....." iClone's post from 4/15/12 Watchtower

There's an awful lot of ego-centricity in that type of statement....

It's sadly amusing how ignorant of their own insignificance, the Governing Body is....

No wonder they crave money... In the REAL world, these religious nuts have to BUY the respect of "worldlies"...

On some level, that must really BURN them up...

Ooops....

Back on topic...

• cofty
    cofty

Paranoid talk about The Persecution TM was a big feature of my childhood. It is really sick. I remember worrying many times about what would happen when the persecution comes.

One of my friends and his wife decided not to have children becasue they feared what would happen to them in the persecution.

( I am finding N.drew's self-obsession to be increasingly annoying. Nothing amusing about it )

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    CBJ: Wouldn't Miss a Mr. Falcon Thread..........

As a fellow sick f*ck, I have to agree. It's like when the fair comes to town - even though you know it's gonna smell like vomit and funnel cakes and the Tilt-a-Whirl was put together by drunk carnies, you still go for the cheap thrills. Love me some Falcon threads!

MFr, you make a great point. As a JW kid, I wouldn't have been able to tell you that 6 million Jews died in the Holocaust. All I knew was that the good guys wore Purple Triangles. I have a really explicit memory of reading a JW-caust experience where some were forced to clean an open sewage pit. The ground was slippery (naturally) around the edges and if a JW fell in, nobody was alllowed to help him and he would likely drown in the raw sewage.

I was pretty sure that would be my fate some day, too. You ever see those state park pit poopers? Sheer immobilizing terror.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Zoiks: Christianity, in many of its delicious flavors, comes with a built-in need for persecution in order to be validated.

Well put, my good fellow. And I say who are we to be so selfish as to deny them that validation?

• zoiks
    zoiks

Right on, Cheeze. Let's do this. Right after I finish drinking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit