90% of the space within an atom is dark matter

by soft+gentle 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

this is what we were told in a recent public talk. If true then it is very intriguing and may support the point being made in the talk that we know nothing compared to God. the audience was spell bound and even I had to admit the young man gave an excellent talk.

I thought I'd come here to check the facts first though

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

dark matter is inferred through looking at huge structures such as galaxies (without this extra mass they shouldn't stay together - gravity from the observed matter is calculated to be too little.) Since atoms are part of our observed physical world it seems unlikely that dark matter is within atoms since that would simply increase the force of gravity within non-dark matter to that required and the unproven idea of dark matter would not be required.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Did he quote a reliable source such as the awake! magazine?

Oz

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

LOL at Oz

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

that makes sense qcmbr

aussie oz - lol. I might try and find out where he has been researching - sounds like a good conversation starter

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I guess some Witnesses are aware of the accusations that they are 'pigeon-brained' so they try to keep up with current affairs and science etc. to try to counteract that allegation. One pioneer brother I met bragged to me that he read 'Time' magazine- so he was worldly wise! LOL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Matter

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I think he mixed up his factoids... he probably meant that over 90% of an atom is just empty space (actually 99.9999 ...not sure how many 9s now lol).

He then assumed this must be the dark matter. It isnt.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

...soooo... is that 'dark matter' considered 'new light'?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Dark matter is what is found in older publications as "new light" emerges

• sir82
    sir82

That's so amazingly ignorant, "it's not even wrong" as the saying goes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit