Warning: Contains Half-Truths Hazardous To Health

by MadApostate 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ianao
    ianao

Hippie: I know several catholics who are also taught TO OBSTAIN FROM SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE. These catholics get TESTED, get MARRIED, then GET BUSY. You forget that those stout catholics who follow the pope's directives will also follow directives to keep it in their pants. So they are [usually] not the ones spreading AIDS.

Damn, I feel like meathead preaching to archie bunker.

Sheesh!

• gumby
    gumby

ianao. Did you know that you sound just like meathead talking to archie?

• Celia
    Celia

First, he does not have Alzheimer but Parkinson...
    Second,I like him, he seems like a really nice guy.
    I like him as a person, he is a very decent guy in my opinion.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

The funny thing for me is I trusted what the pope said more than I trusted the GB when I was still a JW.

Great article Mad Apostate. Just another example among many what kind of hachet job the society does to quotes, just to prove their story. They will take anything a person says, and use it to their own advantage. I mean how many times in the magizines have we seen, "blah blah blah blah...blah blah blah." Every time I see those three dots, I know the hachet has hacked out the part they don't want the average JW to see.

Is this a light saber in my pocket or am I just happy to see you?

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• willy_think
    willy_think

MA,

I would like to know if you think this could be anything but an intentional act of deception on the part of the WT?

TheOldHippie,
    Is the WT your source of info. on the Pope? Were did you learn this blind hatred for him?
    He says no to sex out side of monogamous marriage too, but you knew that. What stopped you from thinking it through? Who taught you about Catholics? Can they be trusted?

The Great and Powerful Oz:

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
  • TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Those teaching me about Catholics and the Pope, were / are Catholics. I lived in the Catholic part of Germany for two years, with a German Catholic family, I went to mass etc., and the general attitude of the Catholics of the whole area was for this Pope to get lost, as he seemed to live in a totally different century and world than the Catholics of Europe. Lately, I have got friends who are stout Catholics from Colombia, and their attitude is that this Pope had better get lost because he stands for a continuation of the economic exploitation which has marred Latinamerica for centuries, and he threatened to excommunicate the popular / mass movement priests who stood up in the 60s and 70s. I have learned nothing from the WTBTS or the GB about Catholisism - I have learned it from the Catholic movement, and from Catholic writers / theologists from Germany like Kueng etc. The foul play of the Pope and Catholisism is so obvious and clear for everyone to see, that for anybody to "LOVE" that stupidity I do not understand. Allowing himself to be carried? To be kissed? To be called "Father"? Man, few things make me more angry than looking at Papacy. Only good thing about it is that it has produced the IRA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit