Cruise-Oct 29 2012

by darth frosty 30 Replies latest members meetups

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

On Carnival there is a $10-14 dollar corkage fee if you wish to drink your wine in the MDR (Main Dining Room) or in the Steakhouse. Up to 12 bottles or cans (20oz or less) of soda or water. The free drinks of lemonade, juices or coffee and teas are adequate for most. I took 12 bottles of soda on one cruise and brought most of them back. So much to do on excursions and only had a couple on our at sea days.

(Blondie) Storms don't normaly last that long. It must have been a freak storm OH! Now I get It. Still this cruise is at the end of the Hurricane Season (U.S.) The seas could hamper a stop but I'd take a day on a cruise anytime over a day on land.

Just started a new job so goodbye to the three weeks of vacation and hello to minimum time off.

Cruising is STILL one of the safest vacation choices one can make. The Costa Condordia incident doesn't scare me one bit. I love Carnival.

(Darth Frosty) It took some coaching for my wife to get ME onboard. Now they have to pry my fingers off to get me to leave.

For all those going. Have fun and please post pictures of the ship and ports.

• Dagney
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

why not just bring the bottle?

• Dagney
    Dagney

They confiscate them. Can't bring booze on a ship.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

that cruise line i guess. We usually bring some wine along.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I am 3 for 3 getting alchol on and its usually the whole bottle.

for those going on this cruise alchohol shouldn't be a problem ;-)

• MochaLatte
    MochaLatte

Darth,

I plan to pay my deposit amount at the end of the week. Looking forward to it!

ML

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Cool Mocha If you book choose anytime dinning!

• undercover
    undercover

When we first started going on cruises, we carried bottles on no problem...booze bottles that is. Back then, you were allowed your booze in your cabin, but weren't supposed to mix drinks and carry em out. pffffft. I made sure I tipped the room steward well and he kept the ice bucket filled and brought glasses from one of the bars so we looked like we got the drink up top.

But somewhere along the way, they started banning bringing booze on. I stille managed to sneak a few bottles on easy enough, but then after 9/11 they tightend security and it got even harder. Now I use bottles that look like shampoo bottles and fill them up with booze. They don't last a whole week but it helps cut the bar tab cost at the end of the week.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I am less concerned with the booze. I am more concerned with cards.

And I have no one that can go with me that I want to go with.

Is anyone else going odd girl out and does anyone play cards? Poker is OK, but hearts or spades is better.

If it is yes to you would room with me and yes to you play cards I might go, but how soon do I have to sign on?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit