Brother Waldo D/O, Circuit Assembly Insights About Education ( College) For JW Boys and Girls.

by Bubblegum Apotheosis 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

I wanted to share some additional insights from the Circuit Assembly star player, Brother Waldo. When Brother Waldo was not talking about

the glory days of being a machinist, he attacked higher education, and how worthless it is.. Brother Waldo explained in one of his talks, "The

only education a young boy or girl needs, can be obtained from being a regular pioneer, which would mold their young minds to be productive.

Waldo was not silent about the issues facing graduate students, not able to land a good job. In fact, those with advanced degrees are

unemployed, while owing a mountain of debt in school loans. Colleges are incubators of evil philosophies, bad assocation spreads a bacchanal

mind (Animal House) to those innocent minds. I do not agree with Brother Waldo on this issue of higher education, he is looking at the worse case

scenario, and throwing the "baby out with the bath water.". Brother Waldo, who are the ones who pay your expenses each week and month,

including your health insurance, (something many brothers and sisters don't have.) car repair allowance and put you up at their expense?

I am not the only one who belives, we are being sold a product that, is leaving us emotionally bankrupt. If a teenager or young adult does not

follow your (Brother Waldo) ideas, pioneering, apply to Bethel, M.T.S. he is failing with Jesus Christ! . One big issue we are having locally is, kids

don't have good role models, their parents drink, their parents friends drink and now, they drink! Is alcohol a taboo subject Brother Waldo, too

many drink, so you don't want to speak up? Families who get together, can't stand the thought of not being intoxicated, while they preach of

their field service conquest and debates. College is a issue that should be left up to the parents and children, not you!

Brother Waldo, does this mean you don't go to doctors, nurses or others with a good education? Would you have your brain opperated on by a

sister who is pioneering, but has no knowledge of medicine or neurology? If college is a evil place, using services by educated men and women

must be a bad thing, or is this different, cause it's you? Don't you feel silly about the education part now, focus on issues that destroy familes! Go

talk to those who drink, drink, drink, the only way they can socialize is over a cube of beer or a case of Crown Royal.

I have tried to respond to my PMs, an error pops up, I will figure it out. Thank you for the kind words in the PMs, also the kindness in responding to

the posts of a confused soul! Blessing to all here I pray!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Evidently, Brother Waldo has not read the unemployment statistics for those with graduate degrees.

• just Ron
    just Ron

on pms I have to open them twice to get them to work

• flipper
    flipper

BUBBLEGUM- Indeed this " Brother Waldo " must be a piece of work. This is the second thread I have read about him in the last week. In another thread he was ranting on about making some strange comparisons regarding child abuse I believe. He sounds rather dangerous to me. Be careful, don't follow his advice. He sounds like an extremist to me

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Thank you flipper, he worked as a machinist during his early life, before his elevation to a elder, C.O., D.O.. The machinist is the most noble worker

( I thought that takes education, CAD, computers) according to Waldo. I hated machine shop in high school, and he reminds me of my

old boring teacher who caught me making a "weed pipe" Flipper, he is dangerous to anyone who puts any credence in his words, or has the "fever"

(He is a D.O.! He is a C.O. He is a Elder, therefore he must be a "Good brother") regarding men or women with titles. This past week, I have had

my world turned upside down, I am trying to find a balance. Thanks for the kind advice and all the thoughtful comments. Bless you all!

• Norcal_Sun
    Norcal_Sun

Thank you for sharing your notes!

• applehippie
    applehippie

My college student, Straight A daughter just peeked over my laptop saying what are you looking at? and then with a double-take she says "I found Waldo!" So I smacked her in the head! (lightly of course.)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Silly Waldo. He's completely clueless about university educations. I wish it was all about drinking and sex, but it isn't.

Just because someone is on the books as employed, doesn't mean they are getting a descent wage, benefits, doing something they enjoy. That's the case with most of us before college. And I guess Waldo forgot to mention the terrible unemployment rates of all those Bethelites that got downsized. At least with a "worldly" job, there would have been unemployment and other benefits, even a job reference. That will be the only time I suffered unemployment was because of leaving Bethel with nothing to show for over a decade of my life. I would much rather have spent the time and money on a degree then.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I guess the moral of the story is you should not take out tons of school loans in order to pursue a doctorate in French poetry.

MeanMrMustard

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I will agree on one point--at the present. Currently, college debt is very threatening, and there is the high risk of getting stuck with huge debt and no way to pay it off. Remember, bankruptcy cannot discharge college loan debt as it can credit card debt. And, with the high price of college education, it might be better to take apprenticeship and learn a trade, invest in silver or gold, and wait for the price to implode as the whole financial system collapses. Then, you will be in a better position to see how close they are to enslaving the whole human race.

Aside that, I totally disagree with the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. Are you getting full scholarship? Are you able to get your tuition and expenses paid off with little to no debt? Are you willing to run whatever debt college is going to impose on you? In that case, by all means go. The value of the education, particularly in that it often denotes moving out from your parents, goes beyond the employment. And college isn't all sex and drugs, either. When I was in (early 1980s), getting drunk was a big pastime (which I managed to not partake in despite that I was neither Christian nor a witless at that time). Any questions about the sexual debauchery? Just read what constitutes "sexual harassment" in most colleges these days, and that myth will be quickly dispelled.

College also gives you the chance to make your mistakes without major consequences. You party all night on Sunday night, and then pay for it with your 8:00 AM class the next day. You get drunk, you pay for it with a major problem the next day (and not just getting sick). Blow all your money on video games, you pay for it later in the semester. Better to make these mistakes, and pay the price, now than to wait until you are in a real job with a mortgage to pay off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit