Stronger than Hypnosis

by Londo111 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

Being the Society is anti-hypnosis, I know very little about it. But from what I've observed it often involves willing participants focusing their concentration, usually involving repetition, until the subject is in a state where suggestions can be implanted in their mind.

BITE can involve hypnosis, but in many instances it may not. However the BITE system even apart from hypnosis, seems to accomplish the very same goal. A participant is willing, to one degree or another, in a focused indoctrination process, and by force of repetition and loaded language, suggestions are implanted that are deep as if not deeper than what hypnosis could produce. Perhaps it has to do with the shaping of neural pathways over a long period of time.

Under the Society's direction, a study may last six months to a year. Meanwhile they may start attending meetings and assemblies. And the neverending reading treadmill begins as well. Slowly suggestions are cemented into place and are hard to shake. Thus, the important to attend as many meetings as possible.

Years back, I was sitting in my seat in a relaxed manner before the meeting, and the CO was chatting with me. Suddenly, the chairman got up onto the stage to start the meeting, and my body, of its own accord, straightened in the chair, shifting into meeting mode. I think it was due to decades of meeting attendance from infancy. The brother got up on stage and my body automatically started to prepare without conscious thought.

If these suggestions are cemented into place, then no wonder they are hard to shake. No wonder friends and relatives still in will get this strange look in their eyes and get defensive when doubts about the "Faithful Slave" are raised. No wonder there are strange leaps of desperate 'logic'. We might be dealing with something stronger than hypnosis.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

Agreed!.....Thats how it felt too me and I stayed out for 20+ years ... but when I'd see them or deal with them, I would spin mentally, it was embarassing sometimes...

great post

L8r T8r

• Londo111
    Londo111

Mirror neurons start firing evidently when like 'cultured' people meet. I notice that this Indian kid at work is more American than me, but when he talks to another Indian, he adopts the accent and gestures. Steve Hassan said that Moonies would adopt similar mannerisms about them. Sometimes you can sense when a person is Mormon. Logically, it is the same as the Witnesses. How many experiences do we hear where Witnesses will say, "There is just something about them…they must be Witnesses."

Even with cliques, I've noticed this. I remember in one congregation, one took a predominant lead, and other young people in the cliché seemed to adopt the same speech, mannerisms, and dress.

But hopefully 'mirror neurons' can work to our advantage. As Paul said to become all things to all people. To the Witnesses, we become a Witness, so we can save some from the clutches of the Society.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree that the implanted feelings, reinforced constantly at every JW meeting and gathering and during every JW conversation are very strong. Looking back I realise how quickly I would get rid of a lot of their baloney as soon as I realised it was wrong.

Just one example, we were made to believe that "Worldly" people were not moral, some were on the surface, but their morals had no depth, they lacked, as people, integrity, only JW's were moral and full of integrity. (What a joke!)

Many years ago I suggested a course of action that was basically not right to a "worldly" person, and he just said," no I would not do that ", now, what I had suggested would not have been found out, and many JW's would have done it ! but this guy, not religious at all, from his own morality said " I will not do that".

That showed me the WT were wrong, wrong about the generality of "worldly" people being bad,and wrong about morality having to be based on what they say.

I never again looked on ordinary people with WT goggles on, I took them as I found them.

There is a necessity after you leave the baleful influence of the WT to expunge the thoughts and feelings they have implanted to control you and keep you entrapped, first identify the idea as a WT falsehood, then go actively against that feeling, for example, if you don't trust ordinary people still, embrace more of them as friends, and exercise trust in them , test them out.

Reject every Dubthought as it surfaces, soon they stay where they belong, sunk to the bottom.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Good info

here and here

And great disscussion

here

• designs
    designs

Keeping a Diary or Log of these old ingrained ideas and responses helps to get it out of your head, you can objectively look at yourself and then dismiss and change your perspectives and responses.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I think that "Combatting Cult Mind Control" by Steven hassan touches on a hypnotic style indoctrination that uses long hours of boring non sense to get you into the state of mind that allows you to accept certain beliefs without questioning them.

Notice how all the new info comes out toward the end of a multi day District Convention or Circuit assembly? Also were we not told ( I cannot not remember) to not tell others that have not attended their own DC and CA anout any "new light"?

If so, it goes hand in hand with getting the mind prepped prior for non critical thinking just before releasing the info to the masses.

Also releasing the new info at this point at a DC or a CA, while inthe midst of SO MANY friends all clapping in agreement makes it easier to swallow as compared to hearing about any new light while alone without all the pre mind numbing days of previous talks.

They have had quite awhile to perfect these processes.

• designs
    designs

notjust- Remember the 'Resolutions' read at DCs, everybody clapping then you read the thing when it came out 6 months later in a Watchtower and what crap.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

This is interesting. It is the full article from one of darth frosty's links:

http://jehovahswitnessrevealed.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/23_the-great-watchtower-deception-no-copyright.pdf

To be clear, I'm not endorsing this guy's far-out religious ideas (that normal healthy people literally hear voices of God for example), just noting that it's an interesting article and the hypnosis stuff might be worth further exploration.

• Londo111
    Londo111

He brings up some good points, but of course, he is speaking from an Agenda. I'm not sure if I buy all the left/right brain stuff he talks about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit