Scientific Proof that Evolution is NOT Scientific!

by Nicola.threeangelsmessage 200 Replies latest jw friends

• OrphanCrow
  • cappytan
    cappytan

Nicola:

I urge you to go back to your first post on this forum and remember the warm welcome you received. Then decide if you are following the Christ in how you are treating others here.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/232000001/thank-god-disfellowshipping

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

This is actually a really good example of believers who so personally identify with their faith that any questioning of their beliefs is seen as a personal attack.

They can't separate belief from self, which is the problem with belief, imo. At this point, then, personal attacks, as on Viviane, seem fair, nothing more than an equalizing.

• Oogie
    Oogie

@cappytan

I know. Is he the only mod, though?

• Viviane
  • cantleave
    cantleave
    I now know why newbies used to have a limitation on their posts.
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Well Nicola, i've read through this thread and had to go for a shower. I still feel dirty.

It seems that you have put up one biased piece making assertions that would make any scientist immersed in the field to shake his head in frustration. Viv has posted loads of stuff of an opposite view. There has been very little actual debate. You are behaving like an ape in a zoo I once saw who spent its time throwing turds at anyone who came near enough. Quite entertaining that but not the sort of thing we more advanced primates do any more.

Lets do it your way Nicola. Lets do this scientifically. Lets put all the members of the scientific community who are creationists in a big pile and weigh them. Lets do the same with those who accept evolution as being the force it is.

No, lets weigh ideas, lets look at evidence, lets stop throwing turds.

• done4good
    done4good
    The personal attacks on Viv are disgusting. If not deleted already delete Nicola now, please.
  • DJS
    DJS

Theists often make their entrenched decisions in life based on feelings and emotions, which are all that are necessary to believe. Any thinking or knowledge they seek after making up their minds is almost always confirmationally biased. They avoid evidence or even a 360 degree knowledge based evaluation. That's why they so often show up on this site with the first - or what they think the best - confirmationally biased article that seems to support their beliefs. It is a pattern we see on an almost daily basis.

That is why so many of them become entrenched and frustrated, even when the topic is secular. It is a well defined personality type, but they can overcome it if they want. Like Bono says, "The more you believe the less you know."

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

May the demon of insomnia pay you a visit tonight.

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit