i am a regular pioneer in my cong reading crisis of conscience.here goes...

by MsGrowingGirl20 206 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

No doubt reading Crisis of Conscience will give you a flood of different emotions.

Talk to us about what you're going through.

We understand and we care.

• Gayle
    Gayle

about the not going to university policy because i dont agree

your alerting feelings to question this man-made policy are very much justifiable! This issue in itself can set up a 'storm' of expressions at this site. Many JWs and former JWs have deep regrets following this policy of the Governing Body and turned down scholarships to get a means of making a decent living for the long-term.

Ironically, many have observed the WT Headquarters will have no problem of contradiction bringing in college degreed professionals/JWs for medical, dental, technologies, engineers, and lawyers, etc.

For the most part, the Governing Body are very fearful of any JWs getting a 4 yr. education. Such educated ones grow in knowledge and confidence. They know how to research, and develop critical thinking skills. They learn to question all things and to keep growing. Since, the Governing Body require that no one question them ever, they have found the less educated ones are and remain, the better they obey the GB.

I hope you continue to follow your heart in learning and growing. You obviously are so capable!!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

One reason for the negative stance re education is that at college / university you learn "critical thinking skills" ....That means you learn how to think more clearly and to analyse information more carefully and critically.

That is bad in WT land because you will start to see all the glaring holes and inconsistencies, ...hence they discourage it at every opportunity.

• scary21
    scary21

WELCOME....At one time ( not anymore ) there was only one GB member that had a child A. schroder sp. ? HIS son J. Ben went to collage and is now a lawyer.......Do what we say.......not what we do.......He is about my age.....there is no way that I could go though. Also very few of the GB go door to door.....they get their time in giving talks........But your not suppose to THINK, they will do that for you. You will love " In search of christian freedom " It's even better IMO..........My mom say's Ray started his own religion lol lol lol Wonder where she heard that ? So not true !

Again welcome to the THINKERS ! Sherry

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome. Its going to be a exhilarating and terrifying all at the same time. Plenty of support and advice here. All the best.

ps - keep it a secret for the moment, nobody and I mean nobody, can be trusted with the information that you are having doubts until you are ready to reveal it.

• dmouse
    dmouse

I left my copy laying around hoping my wife would pick it up... it disappeared and I found out later that she binned it!

Any way, welcome to the forum MsGrowingGirl20.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

WELCOME!

You can learn so much from the book you are currently reading. Be patient, don't rush yourself, and don't be scared off by some of the extreme things that you'll see people say on this forum. Ask questions, and read through some of the "Best Of" threads.

-dpl

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome (((((((MsGrowingGirl20))))))). If you have more doubts, I hope that you post your feelings on JWN until you decide what you want to do. Beware of sharing your doubts with uber JWs, because it may cause you more headaches than it is worth.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

hi misgrowingirl - welcome

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Reading Crisis of Conscience for me was an emotional rollercoaster. I don't regret it for a second, but there were parts where I had to go and pace, head out for a walk, just move, I was livid angry. There were parts that I bawled my eyes out. There were parts I found downright shocking and surpising.

I personally, was around during this "purge" he speaks of. I wasn't at bethel or anything like that. I was still rather young, young teenager. But I remember the frenzy, I remember so much weirdness I didn't quite understand all that was going on. Reading Ray's book, all those gaps got filled in.

Emotional as it was, I cannot recommend it enough. "look behind the curtain" is right, exactly what it is like. It not only filled the gaps of my own history, but it free me in so many ways. I will be forever grateful that he took the time to tell us what happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit