A letter from John Steele Re: Menlo Park KH Law Suit

by Devil_Fish 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wobble
    wobble

Good luck to all who are involved in exposing the WT for what it is, this case, and the one in Australia are building a history of the WT's methods and mendacity.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

When I was in Bethel, I had an experience that sort of supports John Steele's allegation of a JW “spy” network.

One day in 1991, I was in Don Adams Executive Floor office discussing something related to my research work on the Proclaimers book. At the time, I was research assistant to Karl Adams, a senior writer in the Writing Department. (Karl was a fleshly brother of Don. His other brother, Joel, was also at Bethel. He was, and probably still is, a member of the Service Department’s Committee then working directly under GB member, Ted Jaracz.)

During our conversation, Don's phone rang and he excused himself and answered the call. He made no effort to lower his voice so I could clearly hear what he said, which wasn’t that much because he was writing down information she supplied him. Afterwards, Don explained to me that the call was from a “sister” who worked in the US State Department. He said she worked in a job where, if she wanted to, she could easily access any reports that came into the State Department about situations that involved the activities of the Watch Tower Society and Jehovah’s Witnesses around the world.

And what did this JW do with the intelligence information she gathered? She called Don Adams. “She was invaluable to the work of the Society,” he told me. That was all that was said on the matter, but I thought it was great that loyal JWs, like me at that time, were very willing to do what they could to further “Kingdom Interests” in any way they could, even if it meant perhaps breaking rules, and in some cases, breaking the law by providing confidential information to the Society that they were privy to.

Barbara

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thanks Barb..

This story could get interesting..

..................;-)...OUTLAW

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Sheesh Barbara that's disturbing. I imagine these delusional JWs breaking the law see themselves as Esthers and Mordacais, or Joshua and Caleb. REally they're just brainwashed scumbags. The nature of my work involves people's medical claims and on a few occasions I come across material related to JWs that I personally know. There's no way in the world I'd ever break HIPPA or any other law for the sake of furthering the interests of a corrupt publishing cult. Fuckin snake religion.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I think it's illegal and unethical for any Clerk in a Court to give legal advice.

• 2tone
    2tone

I always wanted to be a lawyer. Sounds like she jw lawyers make good money. Would it be unethical to go to law school and work for the watchtower.

• Londo111
    Londo111

What would be needed for the State Department to do an internal investigation? Wouldn't this be a breech of national security?

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Londo111: In that my experience as related took place twenty years ago and I haven't any proof of my allegations, I doubt anybody in high places would be interested in doing an investigation. I don't even know the name of the JW Don Adams was speaking to on the phone; nor do I have any idea what was discussed. So it would be a matter of my word against his. I mentioned this event to substantiate John Steele's claim that he discovered that JWs will do whatever it takes to protect or further the interests of the Watch Tower Society no matter if it's illegal. The hatred that many JWs have for anybody standing up to the WT is, in my experience, almost incomprehensible.

And if asked by the WTS to do something illegal, in my experience, some would do it. One time when Joe and I were in Bethel, we traveled to Turkey with another Bethelite couple. We didn't know that they were smuggling into Turkey a laptop computer for the Turkish branch at the request of Don Adams. After we were stopped by Turkish military police and almost arrested because of that laptop, later we were informed of the real reason they were carrying that machine. And to top it all, we were given an envelope to carry to the Turkish Branch Servant and did not know what was in it. If it had been opened by the police, who knows where we would be today because it had religious material in it that was banned by the Turkish government. We were entirely ignorant, but the other couple had full knowledge that what they were doing was illegal. Later, when we asked them why they didn’t tell us about the laptop, the response was surprising but true: “We didn’t think you would go along with it.”

Barbara

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This is exactly the kind of crap I had to deal with in my own company. some of the dubsthat worked for me had a preferance for one of my business partners, he was an elder so they just kissed his ass. But I often found my conversations repeated to him for confirmation that I wasn't doing anything devious. Yes they will spy and do anything, legal or not, for the greater good. Whatever that is.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Wow, Barbara, amazing stories. Thanks for sharing!

Your unique experiences confirm what many of us suspect about the leadership of the WTBTS.

00DAD

PS - You have a PM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit