Writing dep.

by obarac 23 Replies latest jw friends

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

John Wischuk was still in the writing dept when I spoke to him last spring he's been in the dept for many years.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Do you pronounce that name "wise chuck"? Doesn't seem very apt for a WT writer.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

LOL slimboy it's with a short i

I had a conversation with Daniel Sydlik about his time in writing & he admitted to writing articles about family life and marriage when he was single. He said he remembers another Bethelite storming into his office after proofreading his article and the guy saying to him "Dan is this your doing? You will pay one day for writing this." Sydlik said he did pay after getting married. He admitted going into marriage believing his views were corect and realized all the things he had written on the subject were completely off and left him unprepared for marriage. By this time he was no longer in the writing dept.

• dozy
    dozy

Good points ,SBF.

To me , the society articles have the classic feel of writings revised & revised again by committees so that any original thoughts are taken out and essentially the articles become cut & paste jobs of previous articles written before. Any attempt at humour or self-depreciation is edited out , if it even existed in the first place. The result becomes a plain vanilla blandness of thought and the same old exortations and verbal bullying that has been repeated ad nauseam throughout the decades.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit