Writing dep.

by obarac 23 Replies latest jw friends

• obarac
    obarac

Where can I find (if there is) info about who serve in writing dep.?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

OOOoh ! good luck with that one, it is as difficult as establishing who the Faithful and Discreet Slave are , I think in answer to your question I would get a point from Stephen Fry on "Q.I" if I held up the paddle that says:

"Nobody knows"

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Historically I gather that Jack Barr, Karl Adams and Lloyd Barry oversaw the writing department. Further back still, Fred Franz, Ray Franz and Ed Dunlap.

I have no idea who runs the writing department now.

Interesting question!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Gene Smalley is probably still there!

• sir82
    sir82

David Ianelli was a pretty senior writer as of a few years ago. He's probably still there.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Ask Johnny :)

• slimboyfat
  • Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Ever since Knorr took over, the identity of the writers and writing staff has been carefully concealed. You'd have to ask a Bethel insider for the info. Some of the old timers like Smalley are still there, but I'd say the bulk of the writers now are probably people you've never heard of.

• Londo111
    Londo111

slimboyfat: I enjoyed that link.

I am amazed at how the first article of the April Study Edition is pretty reasonable...and then the rest of the articles are so hard hitting. Sweet and bitter coming from one fountain.

Sometimes I do wonder if the moderates place secret messages that fly under the nose of the hardliners. For instance, the October 2011 Public edition.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

AND. . . . what kind of education do they have?

Since there is an ongoing "dumbing down" on the literature, I suspect they don't need to have much more than a HS degree. Perhaps that's another reason to keep them anonymous, to keep it from being said that a bunch of home-schoolers or dropouts are responsible for the drivel.

DOC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit