FEED BACK.....

by Quentin 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quentin
    Quentin

edit 1X

I'm looking into doing a documentary on the wtbts. Some years ago there was a documentary Called "Harlan County, USA", that dealt with an on going coal strike. There was no narrative. The documentary was compiled and edited footage of people, from both sides, talking about the situation and effect the strike had on their lives, It was done sometime in the late sixties, early seventies. Believe it won an Academy Award.

This would not be a project to Rip the wt...current jw's, ex-jw's even Bible Students would be en-couraged to take part. Simple folks, no matter their current beliefs, speaking out about their interaction with the society. How the wt has effected their lives past, present, future. Don't know how long it would take, or what would be needed to pull things to-gather. Maybe it's all ready been done, more than once.

As stated, this would be a straight up expose of the wtbts. Positive and negative, let the people tell their story. Apologist and apostate, with Bible Students and other Adventist's contributing as well. Let me know what you think.

Quentin

• N.drew
    N.drew

I like it! I don't think it's been done.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Thank you ND....I don't think it's been that way either. The Harlan County film was captivating. No lines drawn in the sand, just people speaking their mind....

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

love it.. seen the movie.. you speak of Harlan county.. it's showtime alot latey ...

Would love to particpate too.. you can see me on my YOu tube chanel tatertbug1...

L8r T8r

• Quentin
    Quentin

Will do....

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

As regards talking to active jWs if the WT gets wind of it they will send out a letter saying not to participate. I do like the idea though.

• Quentin
    Quentin

I hear ya MrFreez....haven't worked out details, however, all people would be anonymous unless they chose not to be. I'm thinking a 10 to 15 min video clip from individual's would be great. For anonymity a persons face can be distorted. Any footage of assemblies, memorial, quick build, kh meetings and so forth could be used as well. Bible Students and other Adventist's would be welcome to speak their mind.

Right now my interest is to see if anyone would care to participate in such a project. Don't have to reply to the thread, PM me. All ideas and thoughts are most welcome.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

http://rollingstone.com.br/media/images/medium/2008/07/17/img_3690_sacha-cohen-como-borat-comediante-deixa-o-reporter-de-lado.jpg

....................... ...OUTLAW

• cedars
    cedars

Go for it! PM me if you need any help. Sounds interesting.

Cedars

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

I agree that the real challenge will be getting JW participation. They wont want to be filmed. Who does unless they know exactly what you are going to do with the footage? PBS did a documentary not too long ago called "Knocking" where they shadowed JWs out in service. You might want to go that route and just omit the fact that you are including dissenting voices in the documentary. The WT will send one of their PR reps if you would be interested in questioning them. They have a team of PR people who routinely give press interviews and make statements.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit