Shy JW at the door ... the pain of it

by MrMonroe 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• just Ron
    just Ron

I did door to door sales of cancer insurance for a while. I got the same look from people then as I did when I was palcing the rags. I stopped selling the insurance

when I could no longer deal with the rejection. Same thing happened after a while of placing the rags and praying more never made it better.

• tec
    tec

preach the gospel and if necessary use words

Nice. I like that.

Yes, it must be torture for the shy JW... all week in dread of it, and then going out and doing it. And what seems to get lost is that you should give what you want to give... not grudgingly because others are forcing you to give. There are so many different ways to serve God. Making everyone do the same thing just stifles all those other gifts. Sad.

Peace,

tammy

• Londo111
    Londo111

I am the poster child for this topic!

Never forget that going in service itself was not enough...you had to give it your "all", people's "lives" were on the line. You could become bloodguilty. And who was I was to presume on God's "underserved" kindness. Since I was born I deserved nothing but death. If I didn't run to the city of refuge (do what the Org told me) then the next of kin, Jehovah, would kill me in an act of vengence. So I better get out there! Eventually I felt it really didn't matter what I did, I would be destroyed anyway.

The elders answer for my problem? Medication!

My answer was: No! First, I didn't want side effects. Second, I function just fine in everyday life. Third, I felt I shouldn't have to take medication to please God.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Torture! YES!! It's not so much shyness but a feeling of being unwelcome. I like people to like me (like most people do) and I like to keep the peace. Knocking on someone's door uninvited with something they don't want has the effect of feeling they hate you. Always having a feeling of sickness in the pit of my stomach and a feeling of panic not knowing who's going to answer the door. I always feel so happy when someone is friendly I breathe a sigh of relief!

I do still go out knocking on doors but as little as possible to keep up appearances so no one asks questions. Fading isn't an option for me (although I wish it were) otherwise I'd never knock on another door again!

• Londo111
    Londo111

I wish the public could be educated on this. Some slogan like, "Most Witnesses rather not be at your door either. Be kind. Better yet, just don't come to the door. You will be answering their fervant prayers."

• Gayle
    Gayle

Best door to door sales call ever!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14LpxQWDlAg

• tec
    tec

I wish the public could be educated on this. Some slogan like, "Most Witnesses rather not be at your door either. Be kind. Better yet, just don't come to the door. You will be answering their fervant prayers."

That's a really good idea. That would get some people thinking. Most people just see them as nuisances, and door-to-door salespeople. I wonder what the legality behind something like that would be though.

• Ding
    Ding

I always try to be welcoming and kind to JWs at my door.

How ironic, then, that they chose to put me on their Do Not Call list!

• TheyCantDoATing Man
    TheyCantDoATing Man

you are right. I am ready to die. Goodbye folks.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

you are right. I am ready to die. Goodbye folks.

What does this mean?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit