my wife saw shunning first hand

by Aussie Oz 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Good one Billy! LOL! I will not allow them to shun me. I will say hello if I see one. And almost badger them. It has only happened once.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho
    Their actions remind me of my dealings with hardened racists and bigots. By shutting their minds and hearts to others due to their unreasonable fears and prejudices, they impoverish themselves. Witnesses are no different in that respect. Quendi

This is spot on in my opinion...I say hello and talk to several that are 'DF'd' where I work...how weak minded I was to allow this kind of control over me.

• As John Pinette says "I say NAY NAY".... No more undue control over me, we've been taking control back for 2 years now. Although not DF'd but considered very spiritually weak, and some will shun us openly others do not.
    • You can't lose (true) friends... you never had in the first place...

Yes OZ when this is witnessed first hand it is more likely to have a negative effect for they would like to accomplish.

IMO

SW

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

This is actually good news all around, except for the ex-father-in-law. Poor sap.

Glad you had a good week with your daughter and your wife got to see the Borg in action. Does your daughter notice the injustice and idiocy of shunning, too? I'd be interested in reading an update on how your kids are doing. (If I missed a thread, I apologize.)

• dog is god
    dog is god

Jesus never shunned anyone.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I occasionally tell my coworker I work closely with about the jW's. Needless to say, she now won't even accept literature from them. Her words "Wow, I never really liked them before I met you but now I hate them. Every time you tell me something new it makes me hate them even more." My anti witnessing is working!

• forever scarred
    forever scarred

The worse experince i had with DFing is when my cousin in her twenties died of cancer. the elders disfellowshipped her the day she died so none of the witnesses came to her funneral. her mother and father were devastated but remained faithful until the end...because you don"t question the elders. when the elders questioned her on her death bed all she could get out was"I love jehovah".

It wasn't enough for them....they df'd her anyway......sickening

• forever scarred
    forever scarred

The worse experince i had with DFing is when my cousin in her twenties died of cancer. the elders disfellowshipped her the day she died so none of the witnesses came to her funneral. her mother and father were devastated but remained faithful until the end...because you don"t question the elders. when the elders questioned her on her death bed all she could get out was"I love jehovah".

It wasn't enough for them....they df'd her anyway......sickening

• finally awake
    finally awake

Forever scarred - that's awful! What on earth could be gained from disfellowshipping a dying person?

• forever scarred
    forever scarred

finally awake--you tell me! they have no shame in their holier than thou power over peoples lives. they had just found out her sin and she didn't have time to repent!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit