Ecclesiastes 7:12 Money! $$$

by N.drew 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• N.drew
    N.drew

NWT (New World Translation of the HOLY Scriptures) 1984

For wisdom is for a protection [the same as] money is for a protection; but the advantage of knowledge is that wisdom itself preserves alive its* owners.

Does that make sense to anyone? I understood what "wisdom preserves alive it's owner" means but never could find a place in logic for that other stuff.

So here is what I think it says:

Because wisdom and the cost of wisdom is protected, knowledge excels, then wisdom makes alive it's owner.

* I might have written its it's. Because if you were to put in a person personal pronoun would't it be Sam's owners? So why is it its instead of it's?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Its' = belonging to. In this case Wisdoms owners, or those possessing wisdom.

It's = shortened form of it is.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Thank you Witness. In my translation it's wrong.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

You have to very careful where you put an apostrophe and how you punctuate!

A wrongly placed apostrophe can cause a great deal of upset and very unpleasant misunderstanding to innocent people who are simply seeking truth. Glad you raised this N'Dr.Ew.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Glad you raised this N'Dr.Ew.

Me too!!

Just think! One little apostrophe, one MAJOR recall! Haha!

• N.drew
    N.drew

OR

Their translation encourages the love of money. What to do? Oh! What to do?

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

From page 121-it ("Insight" volume) under "Apocrypha" it states:

Additional

So for those using the Bible's own internal canon based on cross-quoting, we don't have to harmonize what is in Ecclesiastes because it is not considered an inspired book. It doesn't mean it doesn't have good advice. SOS, on the other hand, is purely occult and pagan, and the Book of Esther is also not inspired, being an adaptation of the story of Nehemiah, where his historical infatuation with the handsome Artaxerxes got sanitized by splitting his historical character into two, one of them being a woman and the other a man (Mordecai).

So for some of us, Ecclesiates is not a consideration for having to be "inspired" and therefore, make a great deal of sense.

LS

ancienttestimony. One of the chief external evidences against the canonicity of the Apocrypha is the fact that none of the Christian Bible writers quoted from these books. While this of itself is not conclusive, inasmuch as their writings are also lacking in quotations from a few books recognized as canonical, such as Esther, Ecclesiastes, and The Song of Solomon, yet the fact that not one of the writings of the Apocrypha is quoted even once is certainly significant.

• N.drew
    N.drew

So you are saying it doesn't matter that it gets to be understood correctly or not?

• N.drew
    N.drew

Larsinger are you the dresser of the king? That would save your own sorry ass, but who cares?

• N.drew
    N.drew

The evidence is convincing that money is not a protection. So why put "holy" on a book that deceives? A recall is in order.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit