Are we stupid or what ? / GOD doesn`t have to destroy 99% of the human race to rid the earth of wickedness to rid the world of wickedness

by smiddy 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Hi NC. Your analogy was well expressed. It's one way of looking at freedom of choice.

But God is smart and knows people behave differently if they are watched. So he allows people to make their own choices about some things without telling them those choices will affect the ultimate outcome.

God also knows some people don't know what they really want. So he gives them time to discover themselves, once they've done that, then they can make an "informed" choice.

Additionally, man and his own distorted views make God seem cruel sometime. Very specirfic to your analogy is the issue of masturbation. Jehovah created man to enjoy having sex with himself until he gets married. You can tell by the placement or the clitoris that it was meant for masturbation rather than interourse. But the sexually hung-up religious leaders are teaching masturbation is wrong and evil. So that fits your scenario where God puts something in front of us, the sex drive, the temptation to satisfy that sex drive, but if we do, we're punished. Only God expects you to enjoy yourself masturbating--the idea it is wrong or bad comes from Satan's corrupt propaganda system. The result is we blame God for being unjust.

But to be fair, if we use your analogy based on Eden, you would surprise your daughter with 1500 dolls of all kinds of which she could play with and touch. But to test her obedience and love, you would tell her one doll was not to be touched, only looked at. It was very important not to touch this doll because if you did, you would die. It was a poisonous doll. Your scenario, IMHO, sounds like God created man and the need to eat and the only food available was the forbidden fruit. That's not quite the case.

Thanks for sharing your view though. A lot of how we feel about God depends on what we attribute to him, which might not always be accurate.

LS

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I liked New Chapter's post and satirical story - that just about sums it up (better than I would have expressed it)

The O/p is correct IMHO....Is the sovereign of the Universe so lacking in imagination that he cannot devise another way of ridding the Earth of genuine "wickedness"?

The dub family are fond of saying that God "has to do it, otherwise the world would destroy everything" - Really ? I could think of other ways , but I do not want them to tell me that I think that I know better than God

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One of the main core doctrines that the WTS. has used over the years as to attract attention to itself and its literature

is the imminent Armageddon. This assertive fear mongering has done well for the WTS. on many grounds, stimulating so much fear that

the organization's past maligning doctrines can be covered over without any critical forthright scrutiny.

Retrospectively thinking religion does a pretty good job of covering over inherent corruption when you think about it.

• metatron
    metatron

Ya know what? War between nations has almost disappeared. General violence in the US is way down. Science is getting close to discovering all the secrets of life. And ya know what?

Humans did it. Yup, humans................. You know, those creatures that can't rule themselves or accomplish anything significant? BullSh*t!

metatron

• journey-on
    journey-on

If God created Man in His image, then the man was absolutely perfect. He could walk around that Tree all day long and never be tempted to touch it, much less eat from it. His existence would be robotic, just living day to day doing whatever was instinctual. In order for Man to exist separate from God, able to make real choices on his own, he had to evolve Free Will.

So, change the man by giving him something else besides God/himself to love and desire to please (Eve/woman) and you have a whole different scenario. The woman who was "flesh of my flesh and bone of my bones" was Adam's weakness. She was tempted into disobedience and Adam chose to die with her rather than live without her. That's when Free Will was finally born. Meaning: From the moment Man evolved to the point that he was willing to give his own life for the love of another, he entered a higher state where choice became more complicated and consequential.

• Oceangrinder
    Oceangrinder

Alright I got 2 cents. So I'm tossing it in.

1. First the topic: yes we are stupid. All of us, no matter how great we think we are. We are jaded, blinded, abused abusers. We are decietful and manipulative, no matter how austere we believe ourselves to be. We are cold, we are ruthless, because that is what the system has conditioned us to be. We are petty, and feeble-minded, we are weak to the temptations of flesh (or at least I am), we have forever allowed others to tell us what to think, when the code itself is all about letting others live and helping each other to flourish. But there's always the lazy, those who will not pay what they have borrowed.

2. Money was created because we could'nt have faith in each other to do what was expected of us. Along with other reasons to make life easier. The evolution of man has always required that we abide by a moral code, to maintain our ethics. Money arose when we failed this. (or so I intrisically believe)

3. The bible has helped Satan/pharaoh?/Illuminati? to attain an ever greater hold on us and over the lives of others. It would suggest we stand down, because we cannot win. But we work for satans serpent every day of our lives. And he just keeps on getting stronger.

4. We have always had the power to band together and over-power the 10% controlling the brainwashed 1/3, knowing that the small one would become a thousand. You can't mess with the numbers, the good people would find it easier to take over than a bunch of apes would.

5. All leaders must be chosen by thier experience. Only a leader who has risen from poverty would know what money is really worth. The silver spoon is the child of ignorance.

6. I don't want to upset god, and I am sincerely repentant for the times that I haven't treated others with the respect and sinserity that they deserved. I'm truely sorry, for having put myself first, and haven't bestowed what little I have on others. But I'm most often more sorry, for the times that I actually have done the right thing. Humans aren't capable of understanding the value of true respect. I highly doubt that the greatest force in the universe? would appreciate what he already expects, with the failure, the cost of death.

7. They say that god is good, god is in us, god is all around us. But that men (we ourselves) are beasts. How is this possible? I'd be willing to buy a lottery ticket on the assumption that god is Good Organized Design. And that corruption is, and always has been it's enemy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit