Joined up, long time looking

by highline20 21 Replies latest jw friends

• highline20
    highline20

Hi there

Joined the site, not that I have much to share.

I'm married to a JW (wife). I never have been or will be a JW, I honestly hate the WT (not the jws)

Being married to a jw, can sometimes make you crazy, I never believed any of the BS. some how

I think my wife know it's all BS Deep Deep inside her head, but she still goes to meetings, but only about half of them.

But she is affraid to leave it completely.

I love my wife very much, but jw can really piss me off, if she just knew how much I dislike the WT, she would be affraid of me :)

Well she is from Mexico and I'm from Denmark, and we live in Denmark now, we even built a new house, that we moved into last summer and we also had a baby last summer, so we do enjoy life.

But dammm..... I hate the cult, I hate spending time of something the really dosent matter, I only join her at the meeting 1 or 2 times a month, but only for her, bc. it really bugs me all day to just think of going.

Been looking here on this site for a long time and feel I know much about the cult, I can relate to many on here in the same situation.

well have a nice day

check this out, its funny :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05r3srd

• menrov
    menrov

Welcome. just wondering, did your wife become a JW after you married her or was she one already?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Welcome.

I only join her at the meeting 1 or 2 times a month

I have always wondered about this. What do you see as the benefit of attending meetings?

From my experience, nonbelievers attending only does more damage.

1. Improves her social status, making her more likely to stay in the cult.
    2. Gives her hope you may join up (and yes, some have, in your situation), making her more likely to stay in the cult.
    3. Provides her with reportable preaching hours, making her more likely to stay in the cult.

Good luck with your situation.

• DJS
    DJS

rebel9,

I just promoted you. Excellent response. Welcome to the forum highline20. There are a lot of smart, caring people on this site, like rebel8, who can help you navigate through this period and maybe, just maybe, reach your wife with the truth about this cult. I'm probably not one of them because my skills in this area are lacking.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Welcome highline20. Thanks for the radio show, I really enjoyed it. So funny, she hid Benny from the plumbers! Yeah a good reminder to roll the dice.
  • highline20
    highline20

menrov: she always been in .

rebel8: I do not see any benefit of going to meeting, only to keep her Company, but yes I hate it and I'm sure everybody at the KH can tell :) are you saying she is able to report preaching hours I join her at meeting??

• never a jw
    never a jw

Welcome,

Your life and my life are quite similar in almost every respect, just different names and your country and my country of origin

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Welcome!
  • millie210
    millie210

Welcome to the forum Highline20

You sound like a person who understands that marriage is give and take. Attending a couple of meetings is irritating I agree but you also know what your wife is being "taught" so you can discuss it with her later and she knows that you have to make an effort.

Who knows at what point she is giving you credit for that in her mind?

Congratulations on the new baby!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Happy that you are here!

I know what you mean about the day being ruined when you have to attend a meeting that evening. It took me years of being out before I could find anything good about Tuesdays and Thursdays. They were cursed days for four decades.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit