In this modern information age, don't JWs browse the Internet for information at all?

by DilemmaGF 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

I am just curious, there are tonnes of information about the WT and the stories of its hypocrisies in the Internet. Are they aware of all these? Or they just obediently go to the www.watchtower.org only, and never feel curious enough to click on other link that mentions about JW, WT etc....

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

This picture is from a recent Watchtower. Witnesses are discouraged from using the internet, or even having it connected. Plus, they are especially warned not to look at any "apostate" material, which is probably everything except jw.org. Many Witnesses are technologically-challenged, as well, so they wouldn't even know how to use the internet.

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

O...M....G.....! How gullible people can be and how powerful fear and guilt motivation are... The real snakes sip into your homes when they go door to door...

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    Many Witnesses are technologically-challenged, as well, so they wouldn't even know how to use the internet.

Oh I wouldn't go as far as to say that...but I would say they would willingly believe anything they saw on the internet that was flattering to JW's but anything else they'd dismiss as apostate. They'd beleive the negative things they might read about other religions but anything that might be said to point out their own flaws would simply be viewed as Satan inspired.

It's the same mindset that enables the Watchtower Society to condemn Political, Religious and Scientific authorities but quote them in their publications whenever they say something that backs up one of their own views.

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

hmmmm not really so much as gullible ... its more the fear and controlled. As a born in you are threatened with complete shunning from your entire family..... and untill you have a moment where something "pushes" you to make that leap. Not to menton if your really trully BELIEVE in the demons out to get you. I lived in fear of Demons all my life - this is not a joke, we trully trully lived in fear. I remeber the first few times I type "jehovahs witness" in a google search - there was even a few times I actually was so scared of the info on my screen I screamed and more then once threw my laptop on the floor...the fear is very reall. And what do I have to show for pushing on and freeing my brain? I now am facing exactly what I was told would happen - losing my entire family.

ahhh but where I win is my Husband is free and our daughters will always be free! although right now we are in a faders hell....lol see how long till we get our letters LOL!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

The conditioning is powerful!

I remeber when I was still in I would google Jehovahs witness and be scared to click the results...Hell I was out for 2 years before I could click on the results.

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

No wonder my boyfriend got so annoyed when I innocently sent him some links from the "apostate" websites :) Now I understand...

• LittleMac
    LittleMac

Yeah, so true darth frosty. I would be gripped with fear to click on anything with Jehovah's Witness in the title.

It took my family leaving to make me say, "what the hell?" and go ahead and look. I had to know what they knew and happily, well...the rest is history.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I had one girl tell me her JW mom says the internet is evil ..and refuses to use it.

I have other JW's that are on the internet (facebook) all the time..go figure..

Typical of the religion..

Snoozy

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

No wonder. When I was in, around the late 1990s there were so many Kingdumb Misery articles that bashed the Internet as a tool of Satan. And most of the witlesses that do go online are programmed that the only site they need is the watchtower.org site that we all know is full of rubbish. So they will bookmark that, so they won't have to do any search engine runs for it and mis-click onto an apostate site. The result is that most of them will not even venture onto any other religious site.

And, even when they do mention apostate sites, it is always with a measure of fear. They even bash pro-witless forums as "indiscreet"--as well as those running them (and they are a whole lot stricter than this forum--otherwise, they wouldn't stay pro-witless for long). The Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger constantly associates other religious sites, including apostate ones, as being from Satan. Every time you go to the a$$embly, you hear something scary about how someone left their mate to pursue a relationship started online, who landed on an apostate site for all of 2 seconds before hitting the big red X and is now disfellowshipped, or that they are even spending time researching on regular sites (not even religious), and believing that instead of the Asleep! rag and are now disfellowshipped.

Basically, this means that they have every possible way out sealed off. But, that doesn't mean some won't do it out of curiosity (usually, they find that the religion itself is rubbish, not the apostate sites) or because they are pxxxed off once too often. Also, those in the world contemplating joining the religion should research--if they have access to the Internet and, because they are too damn lazy to do any research they still join, they deserve the outcome (and the stagnation that comes with it).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit