Why the house to house preaching work never works

by RULES & REGULATIONS 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

it keeps the drones busy

Save both yourself and those who listen to you. . . ..

I think that's how they put it.

More recently, it's just yourself at best.

DOC

• steve2
    steve2

Effective for growth or not is not the issue. House to house work gives 'em something to do: What would poor old mice do without their treadmills?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    It's not true that it never works though.

It serves to screen for the prospects they prefer, too. People who yield to the door-to-door cold calls are likely to be compliant in other ways. It is more appealling to followers ("How interesting! I'd LOVE a free Bible study!") than to boat-rockers ("You have five seconds to get off my property...four...three..."). It helps them "keep the flock clean".

• finally awake
    finally awake

In the 12 years I associated with the witnesses, there were zero new baptized witnesses with no prior family connections. In fact, in a hall of roughly 50 people, there were only two baptisms of people whose parents were not active witnesses in that time period. And those two people just escaped.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

How many times did I hear it said that 'the ministry'(TM) is not a natural work?

What types of JWs are there as far as 'the ministry'(TM) in concerned?

• Those that don't want to go but do it to please others or fly below the radar.
    • Those that don't want to go but do it because of guilt, fear and phobia that 'Jehovah'(TM) will urder them lovingly 'SOON'(TM). Possibly the ones that pretend to press the bell and hope no one sees them and comes to the door.
    • Those that pretend to go out and fake their 'hours'(TM) on their 'report slip'(TM).
    • Those that enjoy 'the ministry'(TM) but are sales folk and a pain in the backside to those they meet. They ask intrusive questions and force their own views on those poor 'householders'(TM) that are too polite to eject them from their property.

Who have I missed? With any of the above scenarios, the 'householders'(TM) are likely to pick up bad vibes and not get involved.

If the 'angels direct the work'(TM) then the angels are slacking or having a joke. That's why the 'angels direct'(TM) the JWs to empty houses!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The D2D work was never a means of gaining new witnesses. It serves several purposes, though. It is a means of distributing and selling literature and it keeps the rank and file busy.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

We all believe that the house to house preaching work serves many purposes. It keeps members busy,distributes and sells literature,it screens new members,and counts service hours to separate who serves as a regular member,ministerial servant and elder. The whole purpose in not to find new members.

If that is the case,do you feel that the Ministry School and Service Meeting is used as a sham? Is the WTS pretending to teach about the Bible to its members and the general public just to get free tax exemptions? Is the WTS just a corporation that profits from the printing and selling of literature and purchasing and selling of property?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    do you feel that the Ministry School and Service Meeting is used as a sham?

Wasn’t it Knorr the business man that started the ‘school’™? What ever it is it’s an indoctrinating sales seminar designed to get the JDubs out and about wasting their time whilst trying to lure others in to the ‘organization’™ to worship 7 paedo protecting nitwits in Brooklyn.

Is the WTS pretending to teach about the Bible to its members and the general public just to get free tax exemptions?

It wouldn’t surprise me in the least. Interesting that they changed the name of the ‘book study’™ to the ‘congregation BIBLE study’™ when it’s more about blind obedience to 7 scam artists in Brooklyn.

Is the WTS just a corporation that profits from the printing and selling of literature and purchasing and selling of property?

I’ve wondered this myself. Certainly power and money are at it’s root. I’ve wondered if the members of the GB actually believe their own hype or they know it’s all a scam and milk it for all it’s worth. After all these idiots would never get this kind of power elsewhere.

I’ve considered that there must be a big element of the GB and their suck ups know it’s all a cult scam. This is because I see the use of many a propaganda technique used in the rags and talks. If it were the ‘truth’™ they wouldn’t need to use such techniques.

I'm 99% certain it's all a deliberate scam.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It works just perfectly--at wasting the witlesses' time so they can't do anything else.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    It's not true that it never works though.

Door step cold calling is psychological bullying for profit. It's a known fact that when you give certain types of people something for "free", especially if preceded by a sales pitch, they will feel obligated to pay for it anyway as long as you hold out your hand at the end of the conversation. It does work, but is never ethical, imo.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit