WT quoting things

by badboy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

worth bttt-ing

~Merry

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

if you want to see how the WT takes quotes out of context and misleads, check the topic i started called Trinity Pamphlet. There are a couple of links there that might be of interest. There was also a reply post there with a new link I've never come across before. The "Should You Believe in the Trinity" publication is full of misleading quotes.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

And here's the link to Kristfer's Trinity thread (which was actually what made me think of bringing this one back up)...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/107582/1.ashx

~Merry

• LDH
    LDH

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/104943/1.ashx

And I did another one called "The appearance of the dreaded brackets." I'll see if I can find that one too.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

For years especially during the 1980's in the 'young people ask series' the watchtower would quote from teenybopper seventeen magazine endlessly.

They done to death that one about how,"we only use 10% of our brains" as a scientific source,well that is inaccurate and was from a non scientist.(perhaps they would know from experience)

Another wopper/blooper is stress caused stomach ulcers with scripture link to proverbs "jealousy is rottenness to the bones" i had severe ulcers (ulcerative colitis) and the quack flunky elders would counsel me on my condition being my own fault,and put me on a big fat guilt trip.---Danny Haszard

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

I also think the WTS is using double standards in this case as well. They say to the R/F that it can be considered apostasy to read literature that is contrary to its beliefs. Yet they quote from the Catholic encyclopedia and other sources all the time. Somebody had to read that in order to quote misquote from it. Just my 2 cents worth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit