JUST FOR FUN: ?

by Terry 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Classic Laws of Thought

"This statement is false" ....cannot be true and cannot be false...because it contains self-reference.

A statement containing self-reference about its own consistency cannot be consistent.

In view of the above, what can be said about the following statement:

2 Timothy 3:16-17

New King James Version (NKJV)

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Comments?

• Found Sheep
  • N.drew
    N.drew

The previous words said "holy writings" (2 Timothy 3:15).

Now the writer has switched to "a writing" (of scripture).

"Every" doesn't mean each one, it means in total, the whole thing. I know that because it is something I know how to do.

I believe they have also mistranslated the word "pros" *. It doesn't mean for, it means with.

*4314 prós (a preposition) – properly, motion towards to "interface with " (literally, moving toward a goal or destination).

http://concordances.org/greek/4314.htm

• bioflex
    bioflex

that the man of God

so how do you hope to understand the scriptures if you are in denial of God. You frst have to acknowledge His existence.

• Terry
    Terry

so how do you hope to understand the scriptures if you are in denial of God. You frst have to acknowledge His existence.

The existence of God has nothing to do with this, actually. It is on the basis of Logic the Opening paragraph is founded.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

If religion was a themepark, the bible would be the merry-go-round.

• Terry
    Terry

Maybe I should start all over.

If I tell you that everything I say is TRUE absolutely---you might well ask "On what authority?" I can state that so affirmatively.

Now, follow this carefully please...

What If I picked up a book I HAD WRITTEN with the Title: Everything in this book is True and proceeded to read the following statement:

"Every word Terry says is inspired by God and beneficial for teaching, reproving and setting things straight..."

Then, I turned to you and said: "There you go, is that proof enough?"

See where I'm going with this?

• N.drew
    N.drew

I think the scripture 2 Timothy 3:16 doesn't mean each scripture has been inspired of God. It means man's inspiration to write and collect the scriptures originated with God.

• N.drew
    N.drew

If 2 Timothy 2:16 and 17 actually says what you think it says you are right on! Yes. It is like trusting someone who says "I never lie".

I am sure that 2 Timothy 2:16 does not say that.

• sabastious
    sabastious

1 Tim 3: 16-17 is not in reference to the Bible, but Scripture. Scripture means "sacred writings" so it could be said that it isn't in reference to itself, but the general theological concept of scripture. Also notice the capital S.

Matt 4:4 - Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

^ Jesus didn't say, "it's in the Torah" he said, "it is written." That's because writing back then was not taken for granted like it is today. For a group of thoughts to go from the brain to writing it had to go through a rigorous process. So much so that Jesus refered to it in great reverence and used it as an argument.

The Bible was written by man, as are ALL sacred writings and all men have God's breath of life.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit